Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rodeo Country

Posted by rachels.haven Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 15:14

I can't find it, but I seem to recall that there was someone out there looking for Rodeo Country. Did they ever wind up finding one?

Rachel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rodeo Country

Rachel - Rodeo Country is a Texas hybrid and Texas growers put a lot of efforts to maintain their state hybrids. You need to get in touch with Lonestar Council - there are some emails in Contacts.

As I see in 2011 it won BIS.

http://www.lsavc.org/winners.

I see they have Council Convention coming on Oct 31-Nov 2. I am sure there will be a plant in a show and babies for sale.

Good luck and I am sure with some persistence you will get yourself a leaf of this wonderful hybrid.

I.

o

Actually I have it...or rather, I just potted up some plantlets today and I always do a few extra for security purposes that I could use to remedy their Rodeo Country deficiency when the weather warms up. The leaves and babies of that cultivar are quite robust looking, so I think they're all going to survive, which will leave me with a whole bunch (3) more Rodeo Country I'll know what to do with.

I'm pondering how I'm going to rehome some of my cute little extra plants in the future-I've been doing babies lately and that will do that to you. Maybe craigslist, maybe I'll check with some of the violet groups I'm involved in to see if anyone's hunting the varieties I have, maybe I'll donate them or give them away, we'll see. Right now I'm having fun growing them.

Rachel

o

Great idea. This is one of the excellent older hybrids - gorgeous blue abundant blooming and good symmetry. Make sure that some of your extras will find a home at the good growers shelves - so if yours croaks - you get the leaf back.

I.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here