Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendycoo

Thrips

wendycoo
10 years ago

Yesterday I found 1 plant with thrips damage in a tray full of seemingly unaffected plants. I know better than to think there aren't some hiding in the tray. The offender which had thrips has gone to a better place ( I had extras of that variety) but I now need to deal with the rest of my plants. I have disbudded plants that were on that tray and domed it ( minis and young plants). I looked carefully at the rest of the plants on the tray but saw no evidence of thrips or thrips damage. Now of course there is a tray next to that one and it is on a stand with 11 other trays and there is another stand with 12 trays only 6 feet away. I thought I had been so careful. Last winter I had no blooms and only a few plants due to mites and mealy bugs. They got the full toxic treatment and I am reluctant to do a full scale toxic treatment again. So what are the opinions? Do I need to disbud everything and treat or spot treat near the shelf where I found the infected plant? I have some of the sticky traps that will be placed around on the stands so I can see what might be happening but do I take a risk not treating full scale.
Thanks for any insight.
Wendy/SK

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz