Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jujujojo_gw

tiny orange or yellow debris hanging over hair on AV leaves

jujujojo_gw
9 years ago

I bought this AV from big store in Spring this year. It looks okay but the new leaves are not growing as fast as they should.

At the centre of the plant, 3 new leaves, nickel sized, have a green colour that is much lighter than the rest. The front of the new leaves are the light green colour of the AV stems. Normally, for their sizes, they have turned a darker green.

The front of the new leaves have many hair and on these hair are tiny orange or yellow debris. The look resembles those fungi growing out of rotten food. But the hairs belong to the AV, the yellow and orange tiny bits are evenly distributed - 1 to 2 per square mm (0.0015500031 square inches). There is absolutely nothing on the back of the leaves. There is nothing on other leaves which remain healthy looking, darker green, and for almost a month now.

Two weeks ago, I use water to rinse off the yellow tiny bits. But they grew back now. Use a tooth brush, I brushed the yellow tiny bits off yesterday.I bruised the leaves here and there during the process.

Again, there is absolutely nothing on the back of the leaves, all these tiny bits are on the front, hanging on "tall" hairs. Do you have this kind of encounter? What could have happened?

Comments (9)