Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sky Diver

Posted by kal2002 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 22, 08 at 17:08

Does anyone know the true colors of Sky Diver? Mine are blooming blue on one plant and pink with blue spots on another.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sky Diver

Sky Diver
Semidouble light blue and white mottled ruffled pansy/variable yellow. Dark green/red back. Standard. Hybridizer Sorano.

looks like there is a trailer Skydiver, pink with blue fantasy.

hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/jour/p/65/gw1092765/58849993760020.jpeg

Here is a link that might be useful: sky diver - standard

o
RE: Sky Diver - Tracy

Aha - here is the description of the semi-mini trailer

Sky Diver (Pat Tracey) Single pink pansy/purple fantasy. Bronze green/red backed. Semi-miniature trailer (User Database)

o

So there are 2 Sky Diver's? I think mine are the trailers based on their growth patterns. They came from the same leaf. I have a few more babies to grow out from that same leaf. I wonder what colors they will be.

o

Keep the pink with blue fantasy - the other one is a sport. If you try to keep only named plants in your collection - you can always give away the sport to the friends and neighbours.

I.

o

Hi,
Here's the official description of Sky Diver which can be found in FC2. First Class lists only one so if your plant is different from this description, it has sported or is not Sky Diver.
Sky Diver (S. Sorano) Semidouble light blue and white mottled ruffled pansy/variable yellow. Dark green/red back. Standard
Fred in NJ

o

Fred - you are right - this is the standard one registered - Sky Diver by Sorano.

There is as well a semi-mini unregistered trailer by Pat Tracey - seems like it is spelled Skydiver or Sky Diver in different posts - and it is single pink /purple fantasy.

That's a pity that not every good hybrid gets registered. Such a confusion with names and descriptions...

Have a nice weekend

irina

o

Thanks for everyone's help. Here is an update of my two Sky Diver trailers. They are both either semi-double or double and they have dark green leaves. The blooms are getting too heavy to be supported by the stems so they droop over the leaves. The blue one is more of a darker blue with a little white. Pretty interesting. They are both pretty in their own ways. When I got the leaf, I was hope for the variable yellow. Looks like I will have to get a leaf from a plant that has bloomed yellow before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here