Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wesley_butterflies

It's still growing

wesley_butterflies
14 years ago

An update from the one who thinks AV growing is a cross between rocket science and rose growing comes an update and odd little request.

My now one month old +/- 3.99 first time AV growing seems to be doing Hmmmmmmmm it has lost all it's flowering ( I guess they needed a break ) new leaves are seen growing in the middle, the month or so older leaves are bigger round and it kind of looks happy in it's pot.To date I remain clueless to the following ideas

Suckers : Can someone post a pick prior to removing suckers and again after so I can get an idea of what they may look like ? Top and side view preference plz.

Re-potting??? Comes down to a when to do more than how I kind of got the how down now from soil mix to pot size. When to re-pot is my question I guess a before and after pic would do best for this too. The repotting seems to be a preference idea from one person to the next kind of confusing to follow up on many different opinions on when to repot. I don't want to do it to soon. I don't want to wait to long ect ect ect a happy medium will be fine for me I do not intend to be a pro AV grower.

Watering: I will one day re-pot and preset a wicking technic all taught by postings here lots of cool ideas I have certainly found one I can handle ( old cotton socks geesh who would of thought huh lol) When to water no problem a handy dandy moisture meter has always been here I am happy to of found another use or it

Ferts: ekkk what the heck so many choices makes me think it's such delicate a plant but can grow freely in the wild I guess I will have to experiment I was aiming and hoping for organics and am trying to keep it local over Internet so a question on NPK numbers including ideal range numbers for Ammoniacal Nitrogen, Nitrate Nitrogen, Urea Nitrogen would be helpful to me in selecting an organic fert

Lighting: I got that down as new growth of new leaves indicate I am doing something right maybe not 100%, in good spirits I say something growing is better than nothing.

Leaf/pest problems: easy one My roses get K neem and the leaf / pest problem(s) happen to go by the same name(s) for AV I am always K-Neem ready here and know the starting signs for roses. AV fungus probs do differ but I got a very good read on AV leaf problems and it's kind of the same but different I am very attentive to early warning signs for roses but have not experienced any as of yet for the AV

Comments (4)