Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant stands?

Posted by LunRTwilight 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 19:47

I'm looking to invest in a plant stand. It doesn't need to be really big, but I need a place to keep my plants where they can get more light. With winter nearing the horizon, I'm worried my plants will not get enough light to fill their needs. Does anyone know where I can buy a stand with light fixtures?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant stands?

one such

http://www.lowes.com/pd_101933-1281-CR4824_0__?productId=1000527&Ntt=shelves&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dshelves&facetInfo=

dave

source: Linda the lovely ...

This post was edited by bragu on Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 1:21

o

or if you wanna go ebay way

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111163668744&item=111163668744&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

o

Hey!!! Dave!!!

You forgot to mention where you got the idea for that plant stand!!!

Seriously, I searched around for quite a while and came up with this one and have been very happy with it. Good price, sturdy and adjustable shelves. I use the top shelf for storage of trays, domes and such. It's worked out quite well.

Linda (Giving credit where credit is due...to myself.)

o

L: it took quite a search to figure out where it was ..

dave (I knew I had that somewhere)

This post was edited by bragu on Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 4:28

o

Gardenersupply.com or igs.com have some nice lighted stands. I have the one from gardner supply.

o

They are sure good - but you can save 2/3 of the money by buying metro shelving yourself and wiring them with T8s shoplights.

I.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here