Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmarion_gw

Chirita

msmarion
14 years ago

I purchased a chirita in a 4" hanging basket at the farmer's market on Saturday and walked away not knowing what I purchased or how to take care of it. I have it sitting on a stereo speaker 36" from a east facing window.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Marion

Comments (3)

• fred_hill
    14 years ago

Hi Marion,
    I grow mine just like my AV's. wicked and under lights. I also have one in a Oyama pot which is near an east facing window. Both work well for me. The one in the window however needs turning every few days so that it doesn't lean toward the light.
    Fred in NJ

• msmarion
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Fred,
    I've never grown an AV in my life. Although I do admire them, I always thought that they were "fussy". I tend to be somewhat neglectful. Sounds like an Oyama pot is the way to go. Now to find them here in FL.
    Thanks for your help.
    Marion

• fred_hill
    14 years ago

Hi Marion,
    I have purchased pots from Cape Cod Violetry for years. John Cook, the owner, is very reliable and his prices are the most reasonable around. On page 10 of his catalog the Oyama planters are listed. There is only one problem, if you are only buying one thing, the shipping cost would make the item very expensive. You might look around his catalog and see if there is anything else you can use.
    Fred in NJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Cape Cod Violetry

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County