Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look what I found

Posted by hummersteve Indy (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 0:23

This is what can happen if you ignore your plants long enough. I was repotting a couple larger ones that I had ignored and this is what I found.,,, lucky or unlucky, both I guess. Mainly Ive just been watering them for the past several months for Ive had other things have taken up my time. I also deadheaded the mother plants and let them start anew. It wont be long. Suckers did their job and the plants look fairly healthy, time will tell. Three new plants that I had not counted on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look what I found

That happens to me too. Mostly my smaller plants get lots of suckers and take over before I realize it. I have too many plants too close together and when I get watering, I'm just thinking I've got a lot of plants to water and only now and then get around to repotting and actually seeing things I should have taken care of sooner. Given some time the plants come back and look just fine. tish

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here