Posted by nwgatreasures (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 12, 08 at 9:01

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Optimara Little Kunzite

Pixie Blue

Dresden doll

There's more, but this will have to do for now. As always critique and feedback are invited.

Dora

PS. I know that the Little Kunzite has a double crown - she decided to sprout one while I was gone. I'll have to take care of that when I return from my trip.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brag Post #2

Beautiful! Such profuse flowering! Did you grow those under grow lights or in natural light? And inquiring minds want to know what you used for fertilizer

o

In my empty milk gallon jug I put:

1) water which I let sit for one or two days with open top.
Then I add:
2) 1/4 tsp of Dyna Gro Grow -or- Dyna Gro Bloom (depending on what I am trying to accomplish with the plants.)
3) ONE DROP of SuperThrive
4) 1/2 teaspoon of Physan 20

I'll put the cap back on and tilt it a bit. I don't shake cause the Physan can make bubbles if shaken.

That's the fluid that I use to water in wick jars as well as from the top of plants and into saucers where pots sit.

Dora

o

Your pictures are wonderful. I wish I could find a Little Kunzite, Kunz was my maiden name.

o

I'm trying to collect all of the Optimara Little Gems series, Little Kunzite is one of them--and one of the ones I still need....
I'll pay you for leaves or a sucker or whatever.... Email me if interested :-)

o

Nice head of bloom!
tish

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here