Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nwgatreasures

Winter Care of AV Collection

nwgatreasures
15 years ago

With the weather changing here where I live, I want to be proactive with my collection of AVs and their care during the winter months. I have grown from 10 plants in May to over 120 currently.

Some of my plants are experiencing some growing pains and I think its because of lack of humidity. One baby was looking kind of desperate and I put him back inside of a plastic bag (even though he had been out for weeks and seemed to be thriving) and within 48 hours, he was bright and vibrant. What else could it have been except for the humidity level?

anyhow....my plant stand has the green trays that situate on each shelf. Other than filling these trays every few days with water, what other ways might I increase the humidity level of the area around my AVs? I am beginning to grow for a sale in the spring, I want to make sure that we survive the winter with my collection still intact and thriving.

Any suggestions?

If I used a humidifier (which I don't even know if its suggested), how would that work?

Is there anything that I'm missing here or need to pay attention to during these next 12-15 weeks?

Thanks,

Dora

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County