Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me pick 5!

Posted by love2weed Zn6 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 12 at 11:43

AV bug has struck me. I want to order 5. I am ordering from Lyndon Lyon. No color preference, but would like easy and heavy bloomers. I want to place my order today. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me pick 5!

Let's see ...

(1) Private Dancer - variegated foliage, dark blue-violet double blooms
(2) Pink Summit - standard foliage, bright single pink bloom with white edge
(3) Sparkleberry - bright red bloom, with white markings
(4) Cool Mint - variegated foliage, double white bloom
(5) Anastasia - standard foliage, single light blue-violet bloom

All vigorous growers and consistent bloomers.

o

I also suggest Live Wire. Seems to be a pretty good bloomer, plus the blooms are huge si it only take a few to make the plant look all around ...bloomy. :-)

o

Lyon's Plum Pudding has proved to be a reliable bloomer. It has surprisingly become one of my favorites - very hardy and very healthy.

o

I have the Cool Mint now and I love it! Well, the leaves anyways. As a newbie (but I blame the weather) I can't seem to get the love to bloom. Then again I just got it a few days ago...

Anyways, I would go for any of the minis! So cute, so tiny! And always room for another 5? ^ ~*

o

Empress ...

Regarding Cool Mint ... keep it healthy and give it plenty of light, ... and it will bloom for you.

o

Have you settled on Standard varieties? I grow mostly mini and semi-miniatures - I'm fairly certain Lyndon Lyon carries:

Kentucky Gooseberries - Extremely easy and heavy blooming semi-miniature.

Precious Red - One of the best minis.

Plumberry Glow - Heavy bloomer, variegated foliage. Semi-miniature.

A few others that LLG doesn't carry:

Shirl's Hawaiian Lei - Exceptional mini.

Dolores' Royal Prince - Easy, heavy bloomer. Excellent symmetry. Miniature.

Rob's Fuddy Duddy - Symmetrical, dark foliage. Heavy, non-stop bloomer. Semi-miniature.

-Tim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here