Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
m3rma1d

maavs 2008

m3rma1d
15 years ago

Looks like I am going... Didn't think I was gonna be able to, but am shuffling some stuff around so I can--YE-HAW!

This is the last "hurrah" of the year, so I think it'll be worth the long trip from Maine.

Anyone from GW going? Would love to try and meet up, feel free to email me for my cel #

Here's the skinny:

Sponsored by: Mid-Atlantic African Violet Society (MAAVS)

Address: 2801 Plank Rd

Fredricksburg, VA 22401

USA

Event Date: 11/13/2008 - 11/15/2008

Event Description: MAAVS convention show and sale, "Violets Along the Shenandoah." Judging School, programs on hybridization, violet pests and treatments, and make your own beaded African violet blossom. Outstanding selection of violets for sale. Visit www.maavs.org

Show Hours: Fri 11/14 1 to 5 pm; Sat 11/15 10 am to 5 pm.

Sale Hours: 10 am to 5 pm both days.

Whom to contact: Cathy Akers cathyakers1812@comcast.net

Comments (9)

• fred_hill
    15 years ago

Hey M3,
    Enjoy the show, wish I were going there with you. Is Lenny going also or are you flying solo this time?
    Fred in NJ

• m3rma1d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fred I wish you could go too :-(
    Looks like I'm taking the bus to NJ and then Lenny will be driving us to VA.

• bspofford
    15 years ago

I too had the good fortune to be able to go to the MAAVS convention and show. Actually half of our local AV club was able to attend!

It was an extremely well coordinated event. The show plants were exquisite, and the plentiful designs were so artistic. And the piece de resistance.....the vendors. I think there were 10 in all, and the selection of plants was mind-boggling.

And what an opportunity to greet old friends and make new ones. As some of us were saying, it seems to get less about the violets and more about the friends.

m3rmald said it all......YEE-HAW!!

Barbara, getting used to those 500+miles a day drives....

• verac
    15 years ago

Okay Mermie, where are the pics?? and what did you buy... u gotta tell us. I wish I could have gone but Reno is closer so I'm looking forward to next year. I see you got to meet George McDonald too. I'm sooo envious.

Vera/CA.

• m3rma1d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vera--I met George back in October, and then saw him again at the Tri-State show Nov 1st and then yet again at MAAVS... He's really cool!

Pics will be coming soon, I just got home from NJ.

I bought..... TOO MUCH! I will make the list as soon as I can, I've been on a bus for 10 hours today YUCK!
    And I had to leave half my loot at my friend's place in NJ 'cos I couldn't fit 'em all in the box I was carrying back LOL

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

I was in Maryand last week and had made arrangements to go with my aunt. due to the weather forecast of driving down 95, she cancelled and she was my transportation. I was so disapointed but the money I saved, I'll be spending, at the gessie convention in July!
    tish

• m3rma1d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's the pics I took, my pal Lenny put them on his website since I was too lazy to put them on mine LOL

m3rma1d's MAAVS '08 Pics (Click the thumbnails for larger views!)

• dragonfly2008
    15 years ago

Great pictures. I hear that there were even some international visitors to the show.

• cscollector
    15 years ago

Very beautiful picture display M3! Well done and wish I had been there too. Maybe next year...

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES