Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just want to say hi

Posted by hostaholic2 MN 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 22, 08 at 12:34

I've been lurking for awhile and learning lots of great stuff from all of you. I thought I should finally make myself known. I have a few AVs, 8 or so. For years I thought I couldn't grow them as I had killed a couple of grocery store AVs. Then a friend gave me a baby and not only did I not kill it, it grew and bloomed . Eventually I rooted a couple of leaves and I was hooked. I still have a long way to go, but I'm learning more all the time. Thanks to all of you who share such great information. Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just want to say hi

Hello & welcome!!

o

My best wishes to you, Joyce!

More beautiful and different violets in your house!

Irina

o

Welcome to the forum, Joyce. I'll suggest what is starting to sound like the Barbara speech......find a club in your area and join it! You'll find a group of very nice people, learn a lot, and be the recipient of many sharings of leaves and plants.

Good growing.

Barbara

Here is a link that might be useful: African Violet Society of America

o

Congrats. It's nice to hear someone kept trying and succeeded. I just hate that the store violets are growing in peat...the peat is the reason people can't keep them alive. If they would just know to repot into anything else, they would probably have a beautiful blooming plant.
Welcome, I'm tish

o

Thanks for the welcome and Barbara, thanks for the link. Neat website.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here