Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
froeschli

a couple of questions about flowers...

Karin
10 years ago

as i have mentioned before, a bunch of my violets are starting to show flower buds, which is a terrific thing, but i am not sure on whether to keep them or disbud.

the first has actually opened a blossom, and instead of a frilly semidouble (which i believe i remember its parent having) it is a single star shape. and it hasn't opened all the way. (apparently that is a humidity issue?)

so, i figure my sub-optimal care up until a few weeks ago is showing in this flush of flowers...
plus, i will be moving in the next couple of weeks, so, i'll be stressing out my AV's yet again.
Most of them are standards that haven't fully grown into their 2" pots yet. So i figure it wouldn't hurt to push them towards growing a bit bigger first anyhow.

so, what do you think about letting each grow one flower (so i can label them with their color - they are all NOIDs of different colors), but disbudding them otherwise, until after I am done moving?

on another note - i recently bought an AV with purple flowers that have a white edge, and the edges of the newer flowers are starting out green. Is that normal with white edged flowers, or do i have a "special" one? (awww please tell me it's special :-p)

cheers,

Karin

Comment (1)