Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nice Treat!

Posted by nwgatreasures (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 29, 09 at 14:42

Don't know if it's just a culmination of the effort from the past few weeks or what.....but almost all of my plants are in "full" bloom.
What a really nice treat to view.

I really need to get some pictures taken and posted.

Dora
(who wishes her home were decorated and finished, LOL)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nice Treat!

Very

NICE! I just noticed today that the leaf cuttings I started 2 months ago are FINALLY starting to send up babies! YAY!!!

Tom

o

Yes Dora do show us pictures! Great growing getting them to all cooperate at the same time! That's some kind of feat!

Tom how exciting on your 'mouse ears'! I have rooted leaves but am waiting to see that first hint of green! Lucky you!,,,Debbie

o

Dora, That must be a beautiful sight! Please post lots of pix!
I hear ya on wishing the decorating was done!I have a 12' tree to decorate! OI!!!!
Tom, how exciting! Congrats!
Deb, I'm waiting too on streps and some violet babies!Good luck!

Theresa

o

What a treat to have violets blooming in the winter!! I have some of my noids blooming too which is really nice since I didn't have any idea what color they were. Dora do you need more decorations than your lovely violets? lol Pictures would be very nice
Ann in So Ut

o

I think the camrea is in the left middle side of them AV pots,perhaps slightly behind them too ?

I am no AV pro by any means but what time of yr do AVs' normaly flower ?

o

Mine will flower on and off all year 'round....but never this many at one time.
Just an ice treat.

I'll take your suggestion and see if the camera is hiding in that place you think :)

Dora

o

well I dont have as many AV colors as most but I do have the one in the opening mood, is it not to shaby for a rookie like me ?

Photobucket

Ok thanks for looking see yah then

o

Lovely Wesley. I love the little pot too!

Have a wonderful day,
Raven

o

Wesley your violet is lovely and I'm with Raven,,,the pot you chose is perfect!
Who knows maybe your other AV's will get jealous of all the attention this one is getting and bloom soon too. ;-)

o

• Posted by minimac 6 So In. Louisville (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 3, 09 at 20:21

Hey, Rookie,

I love the dark purple violets and yours looks pretty good.

I'm envious of everyone's blooms.

Mac

o

Other AV's getting jealous ? nahhh not yet from me just the one so far. The one you see is a had to try my hand at em They remain as a maybe for me for more and if so I'll keep it under 10 They are neat though as in anything for winter color I am glad to of found them and getting the information form the forum
I am waiting to see more to pick from

o

"keep it under 10"

Yeah, right :D

Dora

PS. I have someone stop by my house today and purchase $40 worth of violets from me :) Nice to share and make her happy and have it be a win/win situation :)

o

yeah 10 or less meaning less than a dozen I know lol
win win is good glad your all happy soooooooo ummm wanna help me pick some colors and types for a new pot idea ????

o

Well whadda ya want with this new pot idea?

Dora

(thinking it could be a form of distraction while your collection keeps growing, LOL)

o

I wanted to get one mini AV or regular and a trailer/hanging type in the same pot. Pot in question that I have still to small round and deep by AV growing and crowding is a concern from some.. My idea was a carpert type base AV ( trailing type ?) with one in the middle (regular or mini?) of a different but matching color

Dora did you ever play three card molly ? Your eyes are faster than a hand......lol

Seriously if you can list a pot demension for me I think that would be great

Ohh yeah by the way
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v

v
v v

v v
v v

v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v v
v

v v
v v

Merry Christmas

Photobucket

****************************** wanna have a mouse scroll race back to top ? Maybe my fingers are faster than your eyes. lol

o

Beautiful violet Wesley and love that pot too! Thanks for the pics,love your bears also! Have a great day and happy growing, Linda in NJ and a Merry Christmas to you too!

o

Hooooey, nice TV set!!!

o

Thank you M3 Keep it on topic plz Like this : did I concider red AVs ?

o

I've never played anything other than gin :)

I've been in Nashville on a business meeting. Did you figure out anything about your pot yet?

Dora

o

Wesley,,,looks you will have a 'Beary' Merry Christmas! Cute nativity scene you have there in front of the tv.
That AV looks even happier,,,I see more flowers have opened since your previous pic!,,,Debbie

o

Yes they pop right out for me now. Even though I had to loose some leaves (5) I am still on pot to AV ideas as listed on this thread. I'm open to ANY ideas as mentioned prior 4 inch pot(S) in bigger pot. Example: My mind does go as wild as this

Warning: Bears bite too, Beary X-Mass season or not.
I know....... I know... Bears and Africa don't truly mix
but they do oddly met up in Germany.... Right ? ;-)

o

Ok Wes if you insist in a wild potting idea I'll give ya one. How about one of those strawberry planter pots? You know the kind that sits up tall and has the different pockets to plant the strawberries or hens and chicks? Place a mini AV in each pocket. Different colors and maybe a mini trailer or 2. Whatcha think of that idea?,,,,Debbie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here