Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raven_ladybug

First Class Program

raven_ladybug
14 years ago

Hello everyone,

I was browsing through some old posts here today and found one that talked about a data base program called First Class. It sounded very interesting, but when I followed the link it talked about running windows 98 and such. My husband just upgraded my computer to windows 7 and so I am wondering if this older program will still run on it. Has anyone had any experience with running it on windows 7?

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Raven

Comments (8)

• irina_co
    14 years ago

Raven -

It runs on Vista OK. But to be sure about Windows 7 -I would recommend you to send and email to the support - it will be Joe Bruns - and he will clear it out for you.
    Lately the program was upgraded and so many yummy new pics were loaded - it is a pleasure to work with it.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• fred_hill
    14 years ago

I agree with Irina's statement about FC2. It is a pleasure to work with especially if you show your plants. Not only is it helpful for checking descriptions but it prints out labels with or without photos. I remember when I used it for the first time and printed labels with pictures to put on bags of leaves that were going to be sold at the show. Out of all the leaves on the table, the ones I brought with pictures were the first to go. Since then almost everyone uses it when they bag leaves or even small plantlets that have no bloom on them.
    Fred in NJ

• okie_deb
    14 years ago

I bought a leaf for an AV called Green Eyes. It had no description and no picture. Is this one by chance in FC2?
    Raven I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread!
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide!,,,Debbie

• m3rma1d
    14 years ago

Green Eyes (1059) 08/08/1958 (F. Tinari) Single creamy white/lavender-chartreuse frilled edge. Plain, pointed, quilted. Standard

There's a pic on FC2, but I can't find one online to show you..

• raven_ladybug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Irina, I sent an email. I hope it works, it sounds like fun.

Fred, I don't think I will be ready to start showing anytime soon, but I have been thinking about how I might label my little leaf pots and such, other then writing on them if they aren't solo cups. It looks like it would be neat for labeling leaves and such someday when I have something I can trade with others as well.

Not at all Debbie, I hope you find your discription.

Thank you everyone,
    Raven

• okie_deb
    14 years ago

Thank you M3rma1d!
    Boy it's an old one isn't it! That's the year I was born! haha. Sounds kinda pretty though. I'll find out if it roots and produces plantlets in time.
    I may need to ask for FC2 for Christmas. My hubby never knows what to get me. At least this would be the right color and size! haha.,,,Debbie

• raven_ladybug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

In case anyone eles is wondering also. I emailed them and recieved the following reply.
    All reports so far (more than a dozen) indicate that there is no incompatibility with Windows 7. It has been out long enough now that I probably would have heard any negative reports.

Joe Bruns

Have a wonderful day,
    Raven

• nwgatreasures
    14 years ago

Thanx Raven for passing that on to us.

Dora

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner