Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erlyberd

Robs and Lyons coming to Hartford,CT

erlyberd
16 years ago

I have information that they will be attending the Hartford Flower Show in Feb I believe. I'll repost when I hear more about it.

Comments (14)

• erlyberd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Its the CT Flower and Garden Show Feb 21st-Feb 24th at the CT Convention Center. www.ctflowershow.com

• vtstar
    16 years ago

Man am I in trouble now, two big suppliers coming to the area. If my husband is smart he will hide all the car keys that weekend. Janice

• vtstar
    16 years ago

Just a reminder that this is the weekend of the plant show in Hartford, CT. I have already made up my wish list and will see how "good" I can be without going over the edge.
    Janice

• bspofford
    16 years ago

FYI!! Lyons was not listed in the vendors, so I called them. They are not going to be in Hartford, but they will be at the show in York, PA the following week.

Wahhhhh, big time.

Barbara

• bspofford
    16 years ago

I am going to do a lecture for the Portland Flower Show on 3/9. Wouldn't ya know, I disbudded almost all of my plants the day before they called. So, since the Violet Barn will be in Hartford, I called, spoke to Olive, and she has packed a box of 10 for me to pick up Thursday morning! See, there is a God......

I will wear my signature turquoise vest, (goes with the grey hair) and if any of you are there, especially at the violet booth, please introduce yourself!

Barbara

• m3rma1d
    16 years ago

And Barabara is so nice, she's letting me go along with her!!

I'm so excited I may need to wear some Poise undergarments to keep her car dry!!

• bspofford
    16 years ago

Yeah, I'll be the one with the grown up wearing depends - on the outside..............ah, the enthusiasm of youth....

Barbara

• angel2008
    16 years ago

mermie, those poise undergarments will go just great with your leopard jammies. Hope you both have a great time there. And take ALOT of transport boxes to bring all your new goodies back home safe and sound in.

• erlyberd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll be going Friday and hope to pick something up from Rob's booth. I sure hope they brought the works!

• m3rma1d
    16 years ago

Oh erlyberd, you won't be disappointed, I promise.

Here's a pic I took today--it oughtta keep you salivating until tomorrow when you go:

{{gwi:362370}}

• bspofford
    16 years ago

It was a great road trip! I brought home 23, I think Mermaid had about 6 or 7, and the other person had maybe the same number. I could have easily brought home one of everything....

Thanks to erlyberd for the initial heads up.

Olive and Rob handpicked a nice selection of plants for me to display at the flower show in Portland during the lecture. Our club may pursue doing a booth next year.

Hope you all get to go. And be sure to do two other things while you are at the show. Make sure to stop by the AV club booth in the 'judged' area, we skipped all that educational stuff and would have missed it if we hadn't run into a member at the Violet Barn booth. Also, while you are in that section, check out the 3 violets entered for judging. They are next to the beautiful yellow clivia.

Barbara

• m3rma1d
    16 years ago

"Also, while you are in that section, check out the 3 violets entered for judging. They are next to the beautiful yellow clivia."

• vtstar
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I was able to get to the Flower Show Thursday after work as I was warned that the "good stuff" goes quickly. I felt I was well under control and only bought 5 plants. Unfortunately Barbara was long gone by then so I did not get to meet her this time. The Windsor African Violet club was there and I think I will finally jump in with both feet and join it. And from them I got more information on two more shows in the area this spring, so all in all it was a very interesting and productive trip. Janice

• m3rma1d
    16 years ago

I posted pics of yesterday's "haul" in the gallery just now. (Well, I got two that weren't blooming too, didn't take pics of those)

:-)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!