Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stonesriver_gw

First New Stand Photos

stonesriver
12 years ago

First the mea culpae: These plants were on poorly-lit stands which is why so many of the rosette types are reaching. I will be leaving these lights on for two-hour intervals so they don't overwhelm the light-deprived violets.

Under $150.00 for one 72x48x24 stand ($80); four 2-light T-12 fixtures w/chains ($10 each); eight 40 watt bulbs ($28.00). Bought 10 pack for $35.00.

This stand has 50 mini, semi-mini and standard violets. None were bought any earlier than late July of this year. Most were "starter" plants. Which proves (to me) if you buy healthy plants (all of mine came from Bluemountainviolets, itsdeb111, cajunladyb, blufford, rebelranchllpn, plantsonpurpose and thegreenmule)and give them the proper soil-less mix and fertilizer they will grow and bloom ... despite the poor light conditions.

Top shelf has some of my trailers; 2nd and 3rd chimera and a couple of trailers; bottom Wrangler's and Apache variegates.

{{gwi:112684}}

Close-up of trailers. Big sucker in far left back corner is a Fairy Fountains bought from itsdeb who sells some of the best trailers on eBay!

{{gwi:380628}}

Chimera shelves and bottom variegate shelf.

{{gwi:380629}}

Chimera "Pookie." Couldn't help myself. :-) To her left is the trailer "Tiger Trail" (also from itsdeb); behind and left is Sora Kaliedescope (spel?); barely visible on right is chimera Cajun's Studmuffin and behind him are light-colored blooms of Mauna Kea.

{{gwi:354951}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia