Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some More Pics from Playing In The Dirt

Posted by nwgatreasures (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 26, 08 at 19:56

Here's some more pics from my repotting session with my AVF on Monday.

M3M - I also discovered that I have Optimara Little Rose Quartz if you are looking for that in your collection. I deleted the email and don't have the ability to go back and look at your list.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And look what surprise I got in one of the bags when I opened it. I had no idea that I'd find blooms inside the bag. The plant had only been in there for about 2 weeks.

What a nice treat.

Dora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some More Pics from Playing In The Dirt

My apologies for posting the same picture and comment twice in two different threads. I'll try not to let that happen again.

Dora

o

Aw, thanks for thinking of me, Dora! I do have Little Rose Quartz already :-)

o

dora, your sure havin a good day, finding such good surprises. put that cute little pink violet [ in the zip lock] on my wish list. when you get into something, you really get in, good for you. i enjoy seeing all your new surprises. later, molly

o

Whoaa, fertile lady on board!

Barbara

o

Looks like you had a great time digging in the dirt. What a wonderful surprise to find a blooming AV! I'm curious, what is the purpose of the red, white, yellow and green things in the pots (are they toothpicks)?

~ Donna

o

Barbara,
I'll take fertile as long as it's AVs and not human babies :) LOL I already have four kids (21 - 4) and I'm in my 40's and the next babies that are mine will be my grandkids. My last child was an unplanned surprise.

Donna - yes, those are plastic toothpicks that I use to anchor the mouse ears so they don't get knocked and come up/out. I usually remove them once I repot or when I'm sure there has been enough new growth to guarantee that the plant has taken root.

Molly - you keep track of the list and I'll be glad to share.

M3M - I'll most likely have more by the spring.

Dora

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here