Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pembroke_gw

frozen in time

pembroke
14 years ago

{{gwi:381826}} Had over 350 blooms when repotted.

Comments (15)

• biologyteacher60
    14 years ago

WOW!! That's an awesome plant. It almost looks artificial.

• raven_ladybug
    14 years ago

Wow! Very nice!

• daffies
    14 years ago

this is a lovely plant and very unusual wouldnt mind having a plant like that wow

• phoebesviolets
    14 years ago

Had to come out of lurkdom for this one! What are you feeding that plant anyway??? It's just gorgeous--great growing!!!

• GrowHappy
    14 years ago

OMG!!! That plant is gorgeous and I too want to know what you are feeding it!!!!!!!!!! Hats off to you!!!!

• okie_deb
    14 years ago

Goodness gracious! That's one healthy and beautiful plant! Glad you got the picture thing figured out so you could share the picture of this spectacular AV!
    Great growing!,,,Debbie

• pembroke
    Original Author
    14 years ago

first, I went to Photoshop and dropped photobucket,seemed to much work for me. photoshop much easier at least for me. thanks to all those who tried to help me with photobucket. Next, Frozen In Time; I feed with Miracle-Gro Rose Plant Food (18-24-16) I mix the small part of spoon with gallon of water and use when top of soil mixture is dry. Usually once a week in my house as I keep house pretty warm in Winter. No special care was given to this AV as I have found that it truly is EASY to care for. I have it under fluorescent lights, one being a grow light and the other is called a sun light. About 12 -14 inches off of plants. I must say that this is my favorite AV and have given many starter plants away to family and friends. Glad you all have enjoyed my Frozen In Time. Pembroke

• nwgatreasures
    14 years ago

Mine is about one half that size...but the blooms seems to have a purplish tint where yours is solid white in the bloom.

I'm hoping to have mine ready to enter in Raleigh come spring.

Dora

• pembroke
    Original Author
    14 years ago

talking about blooms of different color, my Mom has a Frozen In Time that I gave her that the first flourish of blooms has the purple cast to them and the second flourish has the white cast to them. very interesting to look at. Pembroke

• minimac
    14 years ago

Day, I'm not much of a fan of green violets - But I could make an exception with this one. Good job, Pem. Is it true that their blooms last longer?

Bet there's a run on Miracle-Gro Rose Plant Food. LOL

Mac

• pembroke
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mac: I hardly ever take a bloom off this plant because of wilt or anything else. As you can see in the picture I just ler her go. I did have to open the center just a little so the light could enter. Pembroke

• tammypie
    12 years ago

I once had an AV called Frozen in Time. At the time I had several AV's. When I moved 7 years ago most of my AV's died and I have only 2 left. I repotted them in new AV mix and removed the roots, did a drastic overhaul on them, now they're growing well. One of them bloomed. Light green in the outer edges, and white in the center. I wonder if this is Frozen in Time. The leaves are slightly variegated.

TammyPie

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

pembroke, what an AWESOME violet. It is beautiful. I had Frozen in Time two years ago, but lost it when my entire collection died. Come Spring I'm goind to try this one again. It is so beautiful, Thanks for sharing.

• tammypie
    12 years ago

Pembroke, I must know how you got your FIT to look like that! I have FIT too but it's puny compared to yours! That is show quality imho! What's your secret?

Tammy

• azpedsrn
    12 years ago

I'm going to have a "talk" with my Frozen in Time and show him this picture. Mine is nothing like this! That is beautiful.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery