Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some of My AVs

Posted by stonesriver 6B Tennessee (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 11 at 16:57

Got camera happy today and took some photos. Hope you enjoy. I've noted the pot sizes and the ones I overpotted. Bad, bad Linda. :-)

Baby Brian (trailer) 2" pot
Baby Brian

Cajun's Studmuffin in back; part of Pookie in front. Studmuffin is overpotted.
Cajun Studmuffin

Cool Touch (Forgot fluorescent light could turn 'em pink.) Bloom is nearly 3" across. 3" pot.
Cool Touch CloseUp

Same Cool Touch without fluorescent light. 3" pot.
Cool Touch

Ness' Cherry Confection. 4" pot. A little overpotted.
Ness' Cherry Confection CloseUp

Ness' Cherry Confection. 4" pot.
Ness' Cherry Confection

Pookie 3" pot
Pookie

Shirl's Cranberry Smoothie. Grows like this with no help from me. It looked just like this when Dave of Bluemountainviolets on eBay included it as a gift. 2" pot.
Shirl's Cranberry Smoothie

Sora Purple Clouds. 3" pot. Sat on chair so you could see how big.
Sora Purple Clouds

Sora Purple Clouds. 3" pot. For some reason my bloomers (hehehe) are all chimera.
Sora Purple Clouds1

Wrangler's Dixie Dawn...who cares if they bloom with foliage like this? 4" pot; one of the light-deprived.
Wrangler's Dixie Dawn

Wrangler's Gaudy Lady. 5" pot; overpotted
Wrangler's Gaudy Lady

Wrangler's Jealous Jewels. 3" pot.
Wrangler's Jealous Jewels

Wrangler's Winter Hawk. 4" pot.
Wrangler's Winter Hawk

And my poor, poor overpotted Streptocarpus, Neil's Black Flash.
Neil's Black Flash

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some of My AVs

Thanks for posting these beautiful photos of beautiful plants. A picture is worth a thousand words. I learned a lot just reading your text and looking at the photos. You are right that Shirl's Cranberry Smoothie is a spectacular plant.

o
RE: Some of My AVs

Thank you, Jerome. Sometimes it's easier to learn if you can actually see what a person's talking about. The AVs (and streps) I overpotted because I ran out of smaller pots. Oh, and the leaf pot in the Shirl's Cranberry Smoothie photo is a small Solo cup about 2" across.

BTW, you asked about big standards? Apache and Wrangler's get HUGE! I had an Apache Rainmaker that was nearly 36" across in a 4" pot. I had to use a leaf support.

Correction: Baby Brian is in a 3" pot; wasn't looking at the photo carefully.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here