Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i dropped it!!!!!!

Posted by pumpkineater2 Phoenix, Arizona (Jsnsnw15@gmail.com) on
Mon, Dec 16, 13 at 17:28

How could I have been so careless? It was like I just threw it on the floor on purpose. TWICE IN FIVE MINUTES!!!!!!! I was Just admiring how flawless and symmetrical it was when I decided to take it to the bathroom to water it and all of a sudden everything is strewn across the floor! And then I dropped it again!!! I could just cry.

Jason

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I dropped it!!!!!!

Where it all happened:

o
RE: i dropped it!!!!!!

OH THE CARNAGE!!!

o

But look on the bright side:

o

Clumsy day? I have those too!
At least you may get a few plantlets from the mishap :-)

o

It looks as though you are making lemonade from your lemons.

Good for you!

Linda

o

I just did the same thing this morning, and its not the first time. I only lost one bloom today though, and the plant shows no real damage after repotting. But I have had my share of total disasters too. Love your cool attitude about it!

o

Thanks for posting the photo series, no doubt, it speaks for many of us.
Joanne

o

I recently dropped one of mine too and it looks much like yours--all the leaves on one side just gone. :( But thankfully it will sort itself out given enough time! It's heartbreaking though, especially when you've got a nice symmetrical plant going.

o

Hahahaahaha!!! I have done this several times. I have a few totally lopsided plants. Plus my cat tries to

MUUUUURRRRDER

my plants on a regular basis.

Two mornings ago, at 5:30am, my phone alarm went off, and while I was trying to hit snooze, I managed to knock over a whole container filled with rooted cuttings and babies. Dirt everywhere, cat hair in everything, totally healthy babies, now ugly and filthy, but amazingly, still healthy!

Must tend to the mess soon....

Have a great day! Thanks for making me laugh!

Jessica

o

This is how the same plant looks now. Thankfully it has made a full and speedy recovery and is even starting to flower!

o

Here's the first flower, if anyone is interested:

o

Lovely!

o

Pumpkin,
Great job! Updates are great. Is that our friend Optimara Rita, by any chance?
Joanne

o

Joanne, Thank you!
I'm not quite sure about the ID, the flowers do look like Optimara Rita but the leaves on mine are more frilled. I'm pretty sure that it has to be either Optimara Rita, Optimara Anika, Or Optimara Degas.
The first time it bloomed for me, the very first flower to open was 100% purple/pink but then as time went on, I started to see more and more white, and now it is mostly white.

Jason

o

Hi Jason
I have one similar that is in the second blooming and is almost all white this time, too.
Joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here