Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
syrcais

Another violet problem...

wendync
11 years ago

Hey guys,

I posted about a week ago about an African Violet that I had purchased from Lowes in late September that eventually died from root rot after repotting it into a mix that was holding too much water.

Well, now I have another problem with a violet. I purchased two small violets off a seller on eBay when it became clear that the violet mentioned above was most likely not going to make it. They are "Playful Spectrum" & "Buckeye Extravaganza". I received them about 8 days ago. They are small, have not had flowers yet. One was and is great(Playful Spectrum), looks happy healthy, no problems. The second(B. E.), I noticed when it arrived that it was curling some of it's outer, lower leaves downward. They were moist, as if they'd been watered in the last few days, so I did not water them.

About 5 days later, I checked the soil and they appeared ready to be watered, dry on top, ever so slightly damp 1/2 inch down. The violet in question(Extravaganza), looked about the same, maybe the curled leaves had drooped a bit more. I watered both from the bottom.

Playful Spectrum still is just chugging along, no problems. Now, the second violet(B. E.), has really started drooping, one of the leaves is hanging over the pot now and it's starting to look sad.

I'm not sure if this is something I have done wrong, or if it's a result of shipping stress or something that was already going wrong with it. I honestly don't think that I have overwatered it(I've only watered it once, 5 days after purchase). I'm wondering if I can do something to save *this one*?

Here's a pic of the two. You can see which one is having a problem. It looks an awful lot like my other violet that died from root rot. Starting to wonder if I have the violet death touch--lol. Thoughts?

Comments (6)

Sponsored