Lollipop Kid:

{{gwi:382435}}

Rob's Outer Orbit

{{gwi:382436}}

Epecia: Faded Jade

{{gwi:382437}}

Optimara Ever Glory

{{gwi:382438}}

These were takan early December...and they've come along even more nicely since then.

Dora

Comments (10)

• minimac
    14 years ago

Ahhh, thanks Dora. I needed that. Your flowers ( and leaves) look gorgeous, not a blemish, speck, rip, spot to be found. Rob's Outer Obit has a lovely rosette of leaves. Is Lollipop Kid a semi? Thinking about any of these for April Convention?

My guys are coming along. I did have leaf damage on some of my leaves (not a lot) from the No Pest Strip.

Happy Growing.

Mac - Who now has buds on violets. That's BUDS not BUGS

• okie_deb
    14 years ago

I love the 2 tone flowers on Lollipop Kid! My favorite leaf wise is the Rob's Outer Orbit.
    Thank you for sharing such pretty pictures with us!,,,Debbie

• bspofford
    14 years ago

Hi, Dora,

Beautiful! It's like a breath of spring!!!

Love the symmetry and leaf coloration on Rob's Outer Orbit. If you plan your disbudding, there is your show entry for national in Raleigh!!

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Barbara

• raven_ladybug
    14 years ago

That Strawberry Fields bloom makes my heart go pitter pat... Lovely, thank you for posting. You take such lovely shots.

Have a wonderful day,
    Raven

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes, I'm thinking of a few for convention.

I think Lollipop Kid is a semi but someone will have to confirm it for sure. I like the bloom and foliage.

I *love* the foliage on Rob's Outer Orbit.....
    and I love the foliage on my Trinket Terrific but it doesn't have symmetry like outer orbit.

I'm going in 2 weeks to speak to a Garden Club in another state. It's a group of about 25 women who want to learn about african violets. They are paying me to come do the program and I plan to take the extra plants (not Optimara space babies) that I have to sell. This will hopefully reduce my collection so that I can focus on growing for show/convention.

Dora

• fred_hill
    14 years ago

Lollipop Kid (8247) 07/28/1995 (S. Sorano) Semidouble light orchid pansy/dark red-orchid frilled edge. Medium green, ovate, quilted/red back. Semiminiature
    Fred in NJ

• GrowHappy
    14 years ago

Oh, Dora, your plants are breathtaking! Love the flower color on Lollipop kid and the leaves on Rob's Outer Orbit.
    Two more to add to my "want list"- as if I need another single one!

• 1530DJS
    13 years ago

Hi, my name is Deb and I'm new to this forum,have been reading this for several weeks and have learned a lot. I've been into avs for about 4 yrs. oh, I got hooked really bad! Have been looking for a true red, have ordered several from lyons and violet barn, but when they bloomed they were burgundy.Does anyone have one that is really red?

• m3rma1d
    13 years ago

Deb--Try starting a new thread, you'll prolly get better responses that way. ;-)

• fred_hill
    13 years ago

Hi Deb,
    There really isn't a good fire engine red out there yet. I think the closest I have seen is:

Emergency (K. Stork) Single-semidouble red pansy/white fluted edge. Dark green, wavy/red back. Large

If y ou have FC2 there is a picture of it there, I have seen it look more like the second pic than the first.
    FRed in nj

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH