Oh the possibilities...

Posted by eeeoeleven (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 7, 09 at 21:13

Stans

Now the fun part!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh the possibilities...

I see your possibilities, eoooeleven. Is your light a single fluorescent? Looks like we are kind of heading in the same direction. I haven't grown violets under lights before, only in the windows.
Sherry

o

You may wanna move that shelf up closer to the light...

o

I'm moving the light down to under the shelf, I just set it up yesterday and didn't the light suspended from underneath the top shelf yet. I'm getting there :)

It's a grow light florescent tube I found at Wal Mart for pretty cheap. I have some more on the way, wanted to see how this one worked before I ordered more. I only did windows beforehand, too, so looks like we're in the same boat.

o

Hi eeeoeleven , How is your project coming along? Happy growing, Linda in NJ

o
RE: Oh the possibilities....

It's getting there, thanks for asking! I just got 6 more standards from Rob's yesterday, so they are getting acclimated on their shelf. Some of my oldies look a lot better now that they have more light instead of a cold, wintry window. Now I'm just waiting to see what is unveiled for 2010! We just got a huge blizzard here, 4 feet of snow in my driveway, so I doubt I'll be able to order any more this winter safely :(

o

Oh,it must look great with your new ones added to it. Which new ones did you get? I have not placed an order yet with them,I will wait until spring.Are you pleased with them all? Wow,where do you live to get all that snow? Happy growing, Linda in NJ

o
RE: Oh the possibilities..

I ordered 6 standards from Rob's, I got:

Blackie Bryant
Golden Threads
Live Wire
Ma's Bridal Bouquet
Bold Party Girl
And I ordered Ness' Ruffled Skies but they were out, so they subbed Optical Illusion. I'll take it :)

They all came in great shape, half in bloom, all have buds, only one broken leaf out of all of them, very happy!

I am in Nebraska, where the weather changes every 5 minutes.

o

Lovely choices,I just looked them up on robs site,beautiful colors! Wow,buds and blooms,how nice! Brings a bit of spring doesn't it? Only one broken leaf,wow that is GREAT! You can always put it down and grow another! Lol I'm really looking forward to ordering from them! Even more so now! Well good luck with your newbies and sure would like to see a new pic of your stand with everybody sitting pretty! Happy Growing, Linda in NJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here