Oh the possibilities...

eeeoeleven
14 years ago

{{gwi:382709}}

Now the fun part!

Comments (8)

• trailer_gal
    14 years ago

I see your possibilities, eoooeleven. Is your light a single fluorescent? Looks like we are kind of heading in the same direction. I haven't grown violets under lights before, only in the windows.
    Sherry

• m3rma1d
    14 years ago

You may wanna move that shelf up closer to the light...

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm moving the light down to under the shelf, I just set it up yesterday and didn't the light suspended from underneath the top shelf yet. I'm getting there :)

It's a grow light florescent tube I found at Wal Mart for pretty cheap. I have some more on the way, wanted to see how this one worked before I ordered more. I only did windows beforehand, too, so looks like we're in the same boat.

• planthoarder
    14 years ago

Hi eeeoeleven , How is your project coming along? Happy growing, Linda in NJ

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's getting there, thanks for asking! I just got 6 more standards from Rob's yesterday, so they are getting acclimated on their shelf. Some of my oldies look a lot better now that they have more light instead of a cold, wintry window. Now I'm just waiting to see what is unveiled for 2010! We just got a huge blizzard here, 4 feet of snow in my driveway, so I doubt I'll be able to order any more this winter safely :(

• planthoarder
    14 years ago

Oh,it must look great with your new ones added to it. Which new ones did you get? I have not placed an order yet with them,I will wait until spring.Are you pleased with them all? Wow,where do you live to get all that snow? Happy growing, Linda in NJ

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I ordered 6 standards from Rob's, I got:

Blackie Bryant
    Golden Threads
    Live Wire
    Ma's Bridal Bouquet
    Bold Party Girl
    And I ordered Ness' Ruffled Skies but they were out, so they subbed Optical Illusion. I'll take it :)

They all came in great shape, half in bloom, all have buds, only one broken leaf out of all of them, very happy!

I am in Nebraska, where the weather changes every 5 minutes.

• planthoarder
    14 years ago

Lovely choices,I just looked them up on robs site,beautiful colors! Wow,buds and blooms,how nice! Brings a bit of spring doesn't it? Only one broken leaf,wow that is GREAT! You can always put it down and grow another! Lol I'm really looking forward to ordering from them! Even more so now! Well good luck with your newbies and sure would like to see a new pic of your stand with everybody sitting pretty! Happy Growing, Linda in NJ

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA