Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ocelaris

Funambule My current Favorite Violet

ocelaris
12 years ago

I got this from Rob's a few months ago, and it is really a spectacular plant. I had a bit of powdery mildew, but with my new fan that's under control now. Just wanted to share.

{{gwi:382801}}
{{gwi:379040}}

Comments (11)

• ocelaris
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is what Funambule looked like October 1st! My hasn't she grown up!

{{gwi:378027}}

• jerome
    12 years ago

Just ordered this yesterday. You made me very happy. Beautiful plant.

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Funambule is gorgeous. I have to put it on my list.

• Gateway
    12 years ago

I love this violet. I've had it on my desktop for months. Good luck

• aveo5
    12 years ago

I've been growing this violet for about 2 years. I have 4 huge ones now,covered in blooms nearly all year. I got mine from the seller,'Blufford', on Ebay. I thought he 'hybridized' it himself. Guess I was wrong.
    I love fantasy violets and that one fits the bill so perfectly. I have it under grow lights, and on window ledges all over my house. They are a tiny bit bigger than the first picture I see in this posting. I didnt even know it was variegated, till i grew it under lights, and it got so big!
    Dont care for variegated violets much,but love fantasy ones. Also love 'Outer limits',looks a bit like it, but more spotted, and smaller growing, thankfully, and 'Magic Dragon', for a blue/white fantasy violet..I have all 3. I didnt know Funambule' was so readily available. Glad others love it as much as me:).

• jerome
    12 years ago

Mine ailed and I thought I'd lose it. Now it's recovering...but it'll take a long time to grow. Also ordered Alliance at the same time - I think I'm going to lose that. Still has 4 outer leaves, but nothing growing from the crown. Are these varieties hard to grow? Many (most) of my others are doing very well.

• gojillian
    12 years ago

Great photos and your violet blooms are beautiful.

• irina_co
    12 years ago

I love Croteau hybrids!

I do not think they are particularly picky, but they are not cast iron plants also. Somewhere in-between.

Jerome - if your plantlet lost a growth point - it will eventually give you bunch of suckers you can root separately later. I would take the best leaf out of 4 and put it down for babies anyway. Make sure that the plant is not too wet - because the leftover leaves cannot utilize a lot of water.

I.

• aviolet6
    12 years ago

Anybody want to send me a couple leaves from this violet? I will pay shipping or trade leaves with you.

Tricia

• aveo5
    12 years ago

where are you at 'Aviolet6'? I have plenty, would be glad to trade, esp. for 'Fly,fantasy,or semi-mini types.

• aviolet6
    12 years ago

Great, send me an email please.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?