Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rachelcharlie_gw

Most wanted violets

rachelcharlie
16 years ago

Hello everyone! I was just wondering what violets were on everyoneÂs most wanted list. I know there are so many on mine!! But at the top of my list are mas toxic spill and seafoam. So lets hear yours! And If anyone has someone elseÂs most wanted violet maybe an exchange could be arranged!

Comments (17)

• itsdeb
    16 years ago

I have a couple of rooted Seafoam leaves that are just beginning to put up some babes. Check with me in the spring. I have a longggg list of ones I'd like to get a start of.

Deb

• bspofford
    16 years ago

I lust for Ness' Frilly Lady and Royal Child.

Barbara

• seattlemarigene
    16 years ago

Barbara...this lovely lady sells both the violets you want

http://www.blossoms-birds-butterflies.com/african4.htm

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

It's kinda long but here is my most wanted list, not in any order:
    Sassy Sister
    Ajohn's Winter Sun
    Feather
    Persian Lace
    Cupid's Kiss
    Ma's Ching Dynasty
    Majesty
    Zima Ulybaetsia (Winter Smiles)

• alotofplants
    16 years ago

Adeara
    Buffalo hunt
    Everdina
    Happy Cricket
    Melodie Kimi
    The King

I have many leaves and some plants to trade if interested.]
    Thanks. Sally

• rachelcharlie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cajunkisses, I have small plants of feather. Contact me in the spring and we should do a trade!

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

Great rachel! I have lots of small plants also so i'm sure we could do a nice trade. Please contact me when the weather is good for you. Here in Louisiana, it's mostly always warm enough to mail. :)

Belinda

• mscynthia
    16 years ago

Cajunkisses - I have lots of babies of Majesty and one big Ma's Ching Dynasty. If you like, drop me a note when it warms up and we'll work something out.

Most wanted: Midnight Radiation & L'Heure Bleu

Cynthia

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

Cynthia there is no email addy on your page. Can you please email me at cajunkisses@gmail.com?

I don't know where you live, but i'm in Louisiana and it's almost always warm here. Our Winters are extremely mild. Would love to work out a trade with you.

Thanks,
    Belinda

• User
    10 years ago

My Most Wanted is a very old violet--Plum Tips. It was hybridized by Tinari and available in the 1960s. My hopes are dimming, but I DID see it at a show in Ft Myers FL, in the 1990s. It is a star shaped flower, deep lilac with dark purple tips to the dogwood-type blossoms. I loved it!

• Karin
    10 years ago

I don't exactly have a most wanted list, I just buy whatever I fancy at the time...
    I like semi-minis and variegated ones, and would like to get some trailers - so I guess I'd be really happy finding a variegated semi/mini trailer, preferably with a blossom color other than pink :-)

Karin

• seaj
    10 years ago

I have a long list somewhere at home, but off the top of my head I really want
    Fisherman's Paradise
    Frozen in Time
    Tiger
    Powwow
    Chantaspring
    Lunar Lily White
    Irish Flirt

and anything from the Jolly series, Everfloris series and MyViolet series.

Nothing too exotic, just want to round out the collection with a little bit of everything.

• quimoi
    10 years ago

This is fun to read. For many years, I wanted Pistachio but it is gone. I'll probably think of something I really want, but the only thing I can't find is Edith V. Peterson. I killed her (it was hard, she was tough).

I wouldn't mind Chantaspring but haven't seen it where I've ordered.

I tossed Melodie Kimi - sorry, but I'm not sure it was blooming true anyway.

I hope you find Plum Tips.

Diana

• lola8325 zone5KS
    10 years ago

Most Wanted AV's ???... I love them all it's hard for me to choose!
    Variegated are "My Most Wanted!"
    ....Then I see the next AV that is in bloom and It's "My Most Wanted!"
    Oh and that one over there is So Beautiful .... It's "My Most Wanted!" ...
    Oh and that AV is different - It's "My Most Wanted!"
    ....sigh....
    When it warms up I have several kinds that I would love to exchange leaves for others!
    You can view my exchange list to see their names.

Lola

• fortyseven_gw
    10 years ago

HI, Lola,
    I sent you an email through the Garden Web as I would like to exchange. Thank you
    Joanne

• paul_
    10 years ago

Most wanted? My desires are simple but very specific ... micro mini(s) with heavily white variegated leaves. Couldn't care less about the flowers. (Want them to add some color to my terrariums.) ;)

• quimoi
    10 years ago

So far the only one I've really been wanting is
    Flashy Trail

and perhaps
    Chantaspring

I would also like to find Anthoflores Rose again. It was a pink double with girl leaves (Anthoflores calls them "curly") and was a small, neat standard. It grew well. I have leaves to trade or baby plants when it gets warmer.

Diana

This post was edited by quimoi on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 10:44