Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbido_gw

WANTED: Spring Swap 2006 details....

debbido
18 years ago

Hi Everybody!

Here is a copy of the information from our past swaps. This has worked well for us in the past. Once we have came up with an agreeable date, the first thing that needs to be done is someone calling Oak Mountain to confirm that there is not any huge event going on in the park that day. One year there was a huge marathon going on, and the park was crowded to the max. I can take care of that if everyone would like me to. Also, we do not usually reserve a pavilion because it is quite costly; however, if the pavilion is not posted as reserved, you can use it for free. We have not had a problem with this is the past. This is the way we have done it in the past; however, if everyone wants to do it differently, that is great as well.

Let me start off by saying....please, please, please, if you are a new gardener or a gardener starting over, please do not feel like you do not have anything to offer. There are tons of things that you may have just around your house that someone may want. In the past, I have traded for canned goods, educational materials, craft materials, pots, hand made goods, jewelry, newspapers for mulching, manure, stepping stones, clothes for me, clothes for my children, etc. There are always, always things that you can trade. So please do not let that be a deterrent.

In case you do not know how to get to Oak Mountain, here is a link with a map:

http://www.oakmountainstatepark.org/roadmap.gif

Here is also a link for a map to the park itself. You will go in the front gate, take the first right, which is Terrace Drive, and follow this road until you come to the large parking lot at the very end. On the map, it is number two right in front of the Dogwood pavilion. Maybe we will get lucky that day and the Dogwood pavilion will not be reserved, and we can eat lunch there.

http://www.oakmountainstatepark.org/daymap.gif

Also, FYI...This is a FREE plant swap; however, Oak Mountain does charge a fee to enter the park. The last time I went it was $2 per adult.

Post here so that everyone knows who will be attending and who will be trading, but please put your trade list on your private page that way it does not get so confusing, and that way everyone can check your page from here. I will have mine ready hopefully by tomorrow, but please check it regularly as I will be adding things as they come to mind. I will put mine up in the "Seeds" section of my trade list.

Thanks so much, and I hope everyone has a wonderful time!

Deb

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting