Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseyp8255

have: new thread on spring 2006 swap - bham/no al

roseyp8255
18 years ago

Okay folks. Since iVillage is evidently having PROBLEMS with their server or something, here is a new thread ref: the spring swap - as well as a link to the old thread that is WAY out of order!

For those of you who have asked for details on swaps(somewhere, before they moved everything this week) - the swap is where we meetat a physical location, have lunch, and swap plants. Last year was my first one, had a blast, met everyone in PERSON, and got great plants, plus got rid of some too!

For you newbies - create/update your trade list, and look at other people's trade lists (on the "MY Page" for each person. Most people do pre-arranged trades i think, but then everyone also brings extras STUFF.

Literllay - last year - we couldn't see out the back of my SUV it was so full with what TweetyPye & I were bringing home.

Oh yes, and i think there is normally one in Bham, as well as a Southern Swap down around Mobile. And, we are talking about having one in Central AL, maybe in the fall.

Did we ever officially decide on whether it is gonna be 4/29 or 5/6? Will it be Oak Mountain again? Etc., etc.

wfolkhttp://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/alabgard/msg0116244819150.html?30

Here is a link that might be useful: Old thread ref: spring 2006 swap

Comments (21)

• michelle11
    18 years ago

I have my trade page up to date. So far I am bringing:
    Spanish broom for Susan
    Spanish broom for Rosemary
    seeds for Jackie
    I can't wait!
    Michelle

• debbido
    18 years ago

Hi All! I see a lot of votes for the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May. I also see a lot of folks that cannot come those very same weekends. How about May 20 or April 22? I would say May 13, but selfish me would be out of town that weekend. Would either of those dates accomodate everyone better?

I hope to see you all soon,
    Deb

• tsmith2579
    18 years ago

I like May 20th. Let's try a later swap and see how it works out. The later the better for me because I will have more stuff up and growing which I can swap. April is a busy month for me because I am pulling stuff out of the greenhouse, repotting, fertilizing and generally preparing for the growing season. I begin the first of April and my goal is to finish repotting by May 1. - Terry

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

May 20th is fine for me, any date other than 4\29. I like the later date also because more stuff will be coming up and easier to find.
    Jill

• applepatch
    18 years ago

Hi,May 20th sounds good to me too.I will have a few more flowers up and divided.Will post as soon as I have a list.Paulette

• browneyedsusan_gw
    18 years ago

May 20th is good for me. I will update my list later.

Susan.

• alabamajan
    18 years ago

Rosey...First let me thank you for posting this link since the 'exchanges' thing seems to be out.

It's been about 2 years since I attended a trade with this forum. And I can't wait to do this!! I have so much more to trade with than I did back then. I will go update my trade list right now.

A few examples are....yellow asiatic lilies
    mexican sage
    pink yarrow
    'moonshine' yarrow
    'paprika' yarrow
    creeping jenny
    all sorts of canna.
    the kind with big blooms

Lots of different kinds of seed as well

• browneyedsusan_gw
    18 years ago

Alabamajan,
    I am interested in trading for your moonshine yarrow. I have Phlox paniculata "David" (your want list has phlox on it). Please take a look at my list. Susan.

• michelleswonders
    18 years ago

Rosey,
    Any date is fine with me. I recently moved back from Mississippi and don't have a lot to trade. I attended last Spring's swap & look forward to seeing everyone at this swap. Please check my list to see if there is anything of interest. I will be updating it as time moves on.
    Michelle (Lynn's daughter)

• browneyedsusan_gw
    18 years ago

Michelle,
    Since you are starting over, please look at my list and let me know if there is anything you would like. I have red hot pokers which are on your list. Susan.

• birdlady_10
    18 years ago

My page is updated also.I will adding more later as I drag things out of the GH,out from under the house & uncover pots under hay & leaves.They're everywhere! LOL I'll also be repotting &dividing things late March.Oh this is gonna be a LONG 2 months :(. Jan

• michelle11
    18 years ago

Michellewonders,
    I would love some of your irises. Look at my list and see if I have anything you would like.
    Michelle11.

• tony_pman
    18 years ago

Hi MichellesWonders, I saw where you wanted 'Touch Me Nots 'seeds. I didn't save any seeds but, I will have a lots of plants. LMK if you want any.

Tony

• pfllh
    18 years ago

I did not get to go to the fall swap with my husband being in the hospital. I had set up trades and will bring them to the spring swap.
    Jill -- bring blue hosta for white amaryllis

Susan -- bring cinnamon iris for variegated sedum
    Sharon -- bring Scheffelera, spider basket, bromeliad for decorated bowling ball
    Nelson -- Coreopsis and tropical from Michelle for blk iris

Terry -- bring crocosmia & fern (RoseMary has the planters

If I've forgotten anything promised please let me know. Deb, you mentioned something when we were at your house but I can't remember what it was!!!! Remind me so I can dig it for you.
    The only one I have set up so far for the spring swap is Nelson so please just let me know if any of you want something I have. I'm going to update the list later as I go through all the flower beds and check the shrubs. I want to bring rooted plants not cuttings. I'm already finding things I forgot about!!!
    Lynn

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Lynn, I have to see if my dogs didnt kill the amarylis when they dug it up to make a bed. Will let you know ok.
    list
    michelle11-bleeding hearts
    tony- mondo grass, yellow bells
    wayne- confederate rose and something else cant remember
    anyone I do not have mentioned let me know
    Jill

• browneyedsusan_gw
    18 years ago

Lynn and Michelle,

I hope Phil is doing well.

I will bring the variegated sedum and purple and white iris for you, Lynn. Michelle, I would like to trade for the African iris. Please take a look at my list and see if there is anything you would like. I will continue to update it as more plants come back.Susan
    Susan.

• pfllh
    18 years ago

Susan, thank you. Is our "seed lady" coming with you? :O) Does she want some seeds and if so, what kind?
    Lynn

• debbido
    18 years ago

Hi Michellewonders,

I would like to have the following if you still have it available:

Agapathus Agapanto - Danube
    White African Iris

Please take a look at my list and see what I can bring for you. I have some of the red hot poker (torch lily) that you are welcome to.

Thanks,
    Deb

• roseyp8255
    Original Author
    18 years ago

AlabamaJan - i sent you an email with some stuff i want, and some stuff that i have that you want!

Nelson - same for you....

Deb - i want some red hot poker (torch lily) - i gotta check your list....

Updating my list of who to bring what....and am excited b/c i'll have time to get it ready!

• browneyedsusan_gw
    18 years ago

I am dividing mey cannas and have a lot of the following to give away at the swap. Please email me if you want some. No trade required.

En Avant
    Florence Vaughn
    short red canna
    Pink canna -very large flowers
    Black canna- burgundy leaves, thin red flower,tall
    Susan

• tsmith2579
    17 years ago

Bump to top