Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: new thread on spring 2006 swap - bham/no al

Posted by roseyp8255 z8 - SC AL (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 06 at 16:24

Okay folks. Since iVillage is evidently having PROBLEMS with their server or something, here is a new thread ref: the spring swap - as well as a link to the old thread that is WAY out of order!

For those of you who have asked for details on swaps(somewhere, before they moved everything this week) - the swap is where we meetat a physical location, have lunch, and swap plants. Last year was my first one, had a blast, met everyone in PERSON, and got great plants, plus got rid of some too!

For you newbies - create/update your trade list, and look at other people's trade lists (on the "MY Page" for each person. Most people do pre-arranged trades i think, but then everyone also brings extras STUFF.

Literllay - last year - we couldn't see out the back of my SUV it was so full with what TweetyPye & I were bringing home.

Oh yes, and i think there is normally one in Bham, as well as a Southern Swap down around Mobile. And, we are talking about having one in Central AL, maybe in the fall.

Did we ever officially decide on whether it is gonna be 4/29 or 5/6? Will it be Oak Mountain again? Etc., etc.

wfolkhttp://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/alabgard/msg0116244819150.html?30

Here is a link that might be useful: Old thread ref: spring 2006 swap

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: new thread on spring 2006 swap - bham/no al

I have my trade page up to date. So far I am bringing:
Spanish broom for Susan
Spanish broom for Rosemary
seeds for Jackie
I can't wait!
Michelle

o

Hi All! I see a lot of votes for the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May. I also see a lot of folks that cannot come those very same weekends. How about May 20 or April 22? I would say May 13, but selfish me would be out of town that weekend. Would either of those dates accomodate everyone better?

I hope to see you all soon,
Deb

o

I like May 20th. Let's try a later swap and see how it works out. The later the better for me because I will have more stuff up and growing which I can swap. April is a busy month for me because I am pulling stuff out of the greenhouse, repotting, fertilizing and generally preparing for the growing season. I begin the first of April and my goal is to finish repotting by May 1. - Terry

o

May 20th is fine for me, any date other than 4\29. I like the later date also because more stuff will be coming up and easier to find.
Jill

o

Hi,May 20th sounds good to me too.I will have a few more flowers up and divided.Will post as soon as I have a list.Paulette

o

May 20th is good for me. I will update my list later.

Susan.

o

Rosey...First let me thank you for posting this link since the 'exchanges' thing seems to be out.

It's been about 2 years since I attended a trade with this forum. And I can't wait to do this!! I have so much more to trade with than I did back then. I will go update my trade list right now.

A few examples are....yellow asiatic lilies
mexican sage
pink yarrow
'moonshine' yarrow
'paprika' yarrow
creeping jenny
all sorts of canna.
the kind with big blooms

Lots of different kinds of seed as well

o

Alabamajan,
I am interested in trading for your moonshine yarrow. I have Phlox paniculata "David" (your want list has phlox on it). Please take a look at my list. Susan.

o

Rosey,
Any date is fine with me. I recently moved back from Mississippi and don't have a lot to trade. I attended last Spring's swap & look forward to seeing everyone at this swap. Please check my list to see if there is anything of interest. I will be updating it as time moves on.
Michelle (Lynn's daughter)

o

Michelle,
Since you are starting over, please look at my list and let me know if there is anything you would like. I have red hot pokers which are on your list. Susan.

o

My page is updated also.I will adding more later as I drag things out of the GH,out from under the house & uncover pots under hay & leaves.They're everywhere! LOL I'll also be repotting &dividing things late March.Oh this is gonna be a LONG 2 months :(. Jan

o

Michellewonders,
I would love some of your irises. Look at my list and see if I have anything you would like.
Michelle11.

o

Hi MichellesWonders, I saw where you wanted 'Touch Me Nots 'seeds. I didn't save any seeds but, I will have a lots of plants. LMK if you want any.

Tony

o

I did not get to go to the fall swap with my husband being in the hospital. I had set up trades and will bring them to the spring swap.
Jill -- bring blue hosta for white amaryllis

Susan -- bring cinnamon iris for variegated sedum
Sharon -- bring Scheffelera, spider basket, bromeliad for decorated bowling ball
Nelson -- Coreopsis and tropical from Michelle for blk iris

Terry -- bring crocosmia & fern (RoseMary has the planters

If I've forgotten anything promised please let me know. Deb, you mentioned something when we were at your house but I can't remember what it was!!!! Remind me so I can dig it for you.
The only one I have set up so far for the spring swap is Nelson so please just let me know if any of you want something I have. I'm going to update the list later as I go through all the flower beds and check the shrubs. I want to bring rooted plants not cuttings. I'm already finding things I forgot about!!!
Lynn

o

Lynn, I have to see if my dogs didnt kill the amarylis when they dug it up to make a bed. Will let you know ok.
list
michelle11-bleeding hearts
tony- mondo grass, yellow bells
wayne- confederate rose and something else cant remember
anyone I do not have mentioned let me know
Jill

o

Lynn and Michelle,

I hope Phil is doing well.

I will bring the variegated sedum and purple and white iris for you, Lynn. Michelle, I would like to trade for the African iris. Please take a look at my list and see if there is anything you would like. I will continue to update it as more plants come back.Susan
Susan.

o

Susan, thank you. Is our "seed lady" coming with you? :O) Does she want some seeds and if so, what kind?
Lynn

o

Hi Michellewonders,

I would like to have the following if you still have it available:

Agapathus Agapanto - Danube
White African Iris

Please take a look at my list and see what I can bring for you. I have some of the red hot poker (torch lily) that you are welcome to.

Thanks,
Deb

o

AlabamaJan - i sent you an email with some stuff i want, and some stuff that i have that you want!

Nelson - same for you....

Deb - i want some red hot poker (torch lily) - i gotta check your list....

Updating my list of who to bring what....and am excited b/c i'll have time to get it ready!

o

I am dividing mey cannas and have a lot of the following to give away at the swap. Please email me if you want some. No trade required.

En Avant
Florence Vaughn
short red canna
Pink canna -very large flowers
Black canna- burgundy leaves, thin red flower,tall
Susan

o

Bump to top

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Alabama are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here