Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbido_gw

WANTED: Food list for plant swap...

debbido
18 years ago

Hi Gang,

I will be checking this week with Oak Mountain to see how May 20 looks. That seems to be the general consensus. Now lets get down to the important stuff! What FOOD are you bringing for our potluck lunch? Man, in the fall we chowed down!

I will wait to see what all you are bringing and bring something to fill in the gaps! Hint Hint...Is anyone planning on bringing some Chicken and dumplin's? Smack! I am already drooling!

Deb

Comments (23)

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

Well, i am even LESS domestic now that I am getting that D, so i offer to bring either paper products or I can stop at KFC and get some chicken.

• michelle11
    18 years ago

I'll try bringing my spicy barbeque beans and some non-box mac-n-cheese. Maybe some brownies if my 4 yr old feels like baking.
    Michelle

• browneyedsusan_gw
    18 years ago

I will bring Death-to-the-Diet brownies. Susan.

• pfllh
    18 years ago

I will bring the marinated veggie salad.
    Michellewonders, my daughter, is bringing ambrosia salad.
    We will also bring a gallon of sweet tea and a gallon of unsweet tea.
    Lynn

• tony_pman
    18 years ago

I will bring my mixed greens that went over great last year. I am allso going to bring Mexican Corn bread.
    I am allso going to bring me a diet drink to wash all the good things down with.

Tony

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

I will bring a cooler full of can drinks because that was so much easier than cups,ice.
    Jill

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Someone mentioned at the fall swap about name tags if ya'll want I will pick up some for everybody to write their name on and screen name. Just let me know and I will pick them up.
    Jill

• Jackie McCarty
    18 years ago

I will bring deviled eggs. I've been trying to think of something else too.....

**note: the KFC doesnt open until 10 o'clock**
    i was going to stop and get something last year, but i didnt want to be late...

Jackie

• shaybass
    18 years ago

We can bring some bags of differnet kinds chips and paper plates, plus plastic knifes,forks, and spoons. Let us know if there is anything else that we can bring?

Sharon and Charlie

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

STill keep me down for either Fried Chicken or ham (pre-cooked) - i am better in the yard than in the kitchen! :)

Last year - we stopped at KFC, and were able to order @ 9:30 by walking in. I will look into that, or else me and Jan will bring a ham...as i volunteer she and i for something!

• alabamajan
    18 years ago

OKay Debbie....I'll bring some chicken N dumplings. If you're sure that'll work...It might be a little hot for dimplins, but in that case, we'll make it chicken salad....hehehe..
    Plus I'll bring some kind of desert and drinks.
    janet

PS.....met your Dad at work a while back.

• alex_z7
    18 years ago

I'll bring one of my h's chocolate cakes. Nelson, you will remember that one as the cake that got away from you last spring ;) as it was gone before you sat down. Come to think of it, maybe I'll be able to talk him into making 2 of his cakes.......

• applepatch
    18 years ago

OK,we should be able to make it this time.I will post later what I will bring to eat.I have not gotten plants dug as of today.I dont worry too much with names as long as I know what kind of plants they are,but will try to name some.I cant wait to see everyone again.Will try not to be late,we do know how to find it now.Paulette

• tsmith2579
    18 years ago

Hey, Y'all. I don't have a family commitment that weekend so I'm going to eat lunch with you. I'm going to bring rice muffins. It is an old recipe for savory, not sweet, muffins. Anywhere we have taken these, everyone loves them.

• raestr (z8 Central Ala)
    18 years ago

I can bring bacon/cheddar ranch dip and/or a mixed vegetable casserole. Will it be too hot for a casserole? Also, I saw someone is bringing chips, so I won't bring those for the dip. I've never been to a swap before, so please let me know what y'all think.

Rae

• pfllh
    18 years ago

Just bumping this up so it won't drop off !!!
    Lynn

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Going to bring 2 or 3 liter cokes which ever is on sale instead of cans, cant seem to catch those on sale. Will someone bring cups and ice. Losing my job so got to conserve money lol
    Jill

• tsmith2579
    18 years ago

... also going to bring banana nut bread.

• bcb77
    18 years ago

I'm planning on bringing some type of pasta salad that won't spoil in the heat and some cookies.

Beth

• birdlady_10
    18 years ago

Well I'll bring some kind of meat--not sure what right now.Depends on what I feel like cooking (or buying):o).See ya soon Jan

• applepatch
    17 years ago

We will bring cups and ice.Will pick up a couple of 2 liters too.I drink diet dr. pepper and will get reg pepsi.Paulette

• applepatch
    17 years ago

Just thought I would post for tomorrow.Have a lot of 2 liters and a cooler full of ice and bottles of water and have plastic cups.Paulette

• roseyp8255
    17 years ago

Jan & I are planning to stop @ KFC like we did last time - they will let us order @ around 9:30ish - and it'll be ready right around 10. Of course, we'll have bottled water, etc., b/c i will drink it & coffee the whole way - so i will be sociable by the time we get there! :)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County