Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Trades for Spring Plant Swap

Posted by browneyedsusan z7b AL (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 6, 12 at 7:37

The spring swap will be held on May 5 at the Bluejay pavilion at Oak Mountain State Park. A map of the park is available at:
http://www.alapark.com/parks/pdfs/oakmountain/oakmtndaymap.pdf (thanks to Apple911 for the link).

Please post trades here as we risk getting bumped off if we post them on the Discussions page. You will need to update/post (if you don't have one already) your trade lists on your Member pages- I plan to update mine this weekend.

Please encourage your friends and neighbors to attend. Any plant/gardening related item- plants, plant stakes, labels, compost, pots, jewelry, preserves, rocks, etc. can be traded. We usually start trading at 10 am and have a potluck lunch afterward. Nelson has started a lunch list on the Discussions page.

Thanks,

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Trades for Spring Plant Swap

Finally, I got to this thread. lol

Nelson- I would like to swap a birdhouse for one of your Colocasia esculenta 'Coal Miner'. What kind of birdhouse do you want? I really like black capped chickadees, so busy & cute. And they love the seeds of Echinacea purpurea. Gee, that plant is at the other house, I better move some of it. I will share some with you. Let me know what bird to build for.

Susan- Santolina chamaecyparissus or Lavender cotton is a hardy plant that has surprised & pleased me. It grows in the heavy clay of my front yard & has done well. So consider it for a trade. I would like some of your Amsonia ciliata & cuttings of variegated Weigela. I think I read the iris 'Stepping Out' is heirloom.

Catbird- I would like one of the Wax Myrtle seedlings that you have & some seeds of Amsonia hubrichtii (Arkansas blue star). Please see what you may like from my list. I still have plants I need to check on before I add them to my exchange list.

kolet66- I have some seeds of crookneck summer squash that you may have, in exchange for any of your red lettuces. I have a fig tree, so I could bring you some cuttings of it to root.

Apple911- I have some cannas, some red, some yellow. I will bring you some of each, in exchange for some of your Grape hyacinth.

littlehelper- I have a Tea Olive ready to go. Butterfly weed, I will need to check on, as it is at the other house. I would like your Rhodea japonica (Sacred Lily).

hoovergal- I would like some of the variegated periwinkle & Four o'clock pink/white bicolored. Please sent me a list of plants that you are wanting.

Well, this took me a while. If I missed anyone who is going to the swap, let me know.

Red50-Joyce

o

Joyce,
I will be glad to bring you the Amsonia plants and Weigela cuttings for your Santolina. I am also interested in your Iris Summer Olympics". Please let me know if there is anything else on my list that you would like.
Susan

o

Hi Susan, I have the Santolina in pots, ready to go. I will put some of the Iris "Summer Olympics" in a pot for you on Monday.

If you still have some of the seeds: Liatris purple, & Salvia "Coral Nymph", I would like some of those.

I have seeds of Salvia "Blue Bedder", Canterbury Bells "Cup & Saucer Mix", Delphinium "Pacific Giant Mix", Coleus "Rainbow Mixed Colors". If you would like any of them, let me know.
Thanks red50-Joyce

o

I will bring you the seeds. Susan

o

Red50- Sounds great. I have a lot.

I have amaryllis bulbs, oak tree seedlings (3), pumpkin plants (10), cottonwood tree (1), and I'm sure I have forgotten something. It's hard to remember everything while I'm at work.

o

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 3:57

Joyce,

The 'Coal Miner' is yours, along with anything else you want. Any birdhouse is fine (if it's appealing to nuthatches then all the better).

Thanks a bunch!

Nelson

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Alabama are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here