Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Oak Mountain Swap May 20 10:00...

Posted by debbido z 7b/8a (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 20, 06 at 22:57

Hi Everybody!

I called Oak Mountain again today just to verify that there were not any really big events going on May 20. They have verified that that day looks pretty clear. Our pavilion that we usually eat at is booked that day, but that should not be a big deal. We will just eat at another one. There is a link below where you can see what goodies everyone is bringing to eat and to post what you are bringing. That way we can have a well rounded meal.

Let me start off by saying....please, please, please, if you are a new gardener or a gardener starting over, please do not feel like you do not have anything to offer. There are tons of things that you may have just around your house that someone may want. In the past, I have traded for canned goods, educational materials, craft materials, pots, hand made goods, jewelry, newspapers for mulching, manure, stepping stones, clothes for me, clothes for my children, etc. There are always, always things that you can trade. So please do not let that be a deterrent.

In case you do not know how to get to Oak Mountain, here is a link with a map:

http://www.oakmountainstatepark.org/roadmap.gif

Here is also a link for a map to the park itself. You will go in the front gate, take the first right, which is Terrace Drive, and follow this road until you come to the large parking lot at the very end. On the map, it is number two right in front of the Dogwood pavilion.
http://www.oakmountainstatepark.org/daymap.gif

Also, FYI...This is a FREE plant swap; however, Oak Mountain does charge a fee to enter the park. The last time I went it was $2 per adult.

Post here so that everyone knows who will be attending and who will be trading, but please put your trade list on your private page that way it does not get so confusing, and that way everyone can check your page from here.

Thanks so much, and I hope everyone has a wonderful time!
Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Oak Mountain Swap May 20 10:00...

I and my daughter, michelle (Michellewonders) will be there. Please check our lists to see if there is anything you want.
Lynn

o

Chris (my sister)and I will be there Susan.

o

Syble and me will be there.
Jill

o

I will be there.

Tony

o

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 21, 06 at 20:40

I'll be there - fashionably late, as usual - but I'll be there ;-)

Nelson

o

Lanny and I will be there.Paulette

o

Jan & I will be there

o

I will be there, with perhaps one or more of my co-workers.
janet

o

As Rosey said, she and I will be there Debbi. Where's the link to the "Goodies" list? Either I'm blind or you forgot to put it in your post. :)
Everyone check my trade list, I'm adding things almost daily.
Also, a newbie to the Swap, Squirrelypete (Danielle) emailed me that she was coming this year.

Jan

o

Me! - I'll be there. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Terry

o

I am planning to attend! Let me know what I can bring to the potluck.

Thanks,
Beth

o

I will be there.

Jackie

o

I'll be there--hopefully with one or both of the Moms! Check my page if I haven't already made a trade with you.I'll be bringing extras as well.See ya soon! Jan

o

It just looks like we may be coming after all. Granger was born April 8th so he'll be a seasoned "farmer" by then. Nonna and Papa live out in Walker County so it's a good deal. Check my exchange page.

Stan and Valerie and Granger

o

I'll be there, and maybe the rest of the family too. BTW, whoever picks the picnic site, could we get one away from the water this time (I know we don't always have a choice since we don't reserve). Last time I had to spend most of my time making sure David didn't jump into the water/mud. :-)
Michelle

o

sandra and i will be there from far east al.

wayne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Alabama are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here