Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arenee_gw

WANTED: New Member--surprise me!

arenee
17 years ago

I just found this forum today. I hope to come next week and just plan to meet and greet. I have some things I can bring.......seeds etc. I'm looking forward to coming.

Renee

Comments (7)

• pfllh
    17 years ago

WELCOME. Do look at people's list and see if something you'd like to have and then just look around for what you have and post. Reading the info on the swap, you can see people even trade for non plant items.
    Where do you live? If you are just starting a garden, a lot of us will let you come to our gardens and get some "goodies". :O)
    Hope to see you there
    Lynn

• tony_pman
    17 years ago

Welcome Renee, come on down.

Tony

• applepatch
    17 years ago

Hi,glad to see that you found the best site there is.Please come to the swap.I think if you post what you have,you will have some takers.We will trade for mulch,stones,garden art,bricks,clothes,book,and the list can go on and on.So you see,you can post for plants to trade.I am always looking for garden books,love to read.I will bring some seeds in case some one wants them.See you at the swap next saturday.Paulette

• arenee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have some seeds from "Coral Nymph Salvia" that I can bring. I might have some cuttings that I've rooted too.

• pfllh
    17 years ago

Renee, what are some things you would like to have on your want list?
    Lynn

• roseyp8255
    17 years ago

follow this link and you can put up what you want...let us know so we can bring you some stuff...want gardenias? Have LOTS of them...they root really easy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Member pages

• tsmith2579
    15 years ago

Saturday, Sept. 13, 10-11:30 a.m. Picnic lunch to follow.

Aldridge Botanical gardens - From I-65 (north or south) take Exit 250 to I-459 South. The signs say Tuscaloosa/Bessemer.
    From the interchange go about 1 mile to Exit 13, US-31 South. Get into the far left hand turn lane at the exit ramp. There is a stop light at the bottom of the off ramp.

Turn left at the light and go under I-459 for 6/10ths mile. Stay in the same lane. Go through FOUR traffic lights. When you have gone through the fourth light, start looking for the left turn lane at the FIFTH traffic light.

This is the US-31 and "Lorna Rd - Hwy 150" intersection. Hanging in the middle of the intersection is a green sign saying . Turn left on to Lorna Road.

There are 4 cross streets on Lorna Road with a traffic light: (1) Lodge Drive (2) Data Drive (3) Centennial Drive. You will then make a big left hand curve and start down hill to the fourth cross street (4) Rocky Ridge Ranch Road. It is 9/10ths mile from Hwy 31 to Rocky Ridge Ranch Road. As soon as you have crossed Rocky Ridge Ranch Road, turn right into Aldridge Botanical Gardens. There are three aisles of parking. Drive to the garden gate and turn left, go over to the third aisle, turn let and drive back toward Lorna Rd. to the parking section which is parallel to and nearest to Lorna Road.

On Thursday I will make a map of the parking lot. If you need additional instruction or a copy of the parking map, let me know and I will email a copy.