Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Hands out....

Posted by stanreese 7 (stanreese@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Jul 20, 08 at 12:11

Okay, it's been a while since I could even get back on here, Life is fun, albeit busy. Granger is now 2, I think Maggie came along since my last post and she just turned one in June. Now, we are expecting again. We're due in early February.

Any free time I have had has been cleaning the yard and getting ready to plant. Thus, I will offer what I have updated on my trade list for anything that will grow on a rock. Nah, it's rocky here but not that bad. Soil is getting better but I have some serious slopes in some serious sunny areas and some other slopes in the shade that I need to plant. The sunny areas are most important now. In person trades would be great ahead of the next plant swap.

I'm pretty much using small terraces to seperate planting areas on the slopes. No more than 10' x 6' but multiply that times thirty. Plenty of rocks to terrace with here. I'd like to showcase something different but I also love old fashioned stuff like altheas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Directions to Aldridge Gardens Swap

From I-65 (north or south) take Exit 250 to I-459 South. The signs say Tuscaloosa/Bessemer.
From the interchange go about 1 mile to Exit 13, US-31 South. Get into the far left hand turn lane at the exit ramp. There is a stop light at the bottom of the off ramp.

Turn left at the light and go under I-459 for 6/10ths mile. Stay in the same lane. Go through FOUR traffic lights. When you have gone through the fourth light, start looking for the left turn lane at the FIFTH traffic light.

This is the US-31 and "Lorna Rd - Hwy 150" intersection. Hanging in the middle of the intersection is a green sign saying <- Lorna Rd / Hwy 150 ->. Turn left on to Lorna Road.

There are 4 cross streets on Lorna Road with a traffic light: (1) Lodge Drive (2) Data Drive (3) Centennial Drive. You will then make a big left hand curve and start down hill to the fourth cross street (4) Rocky Ridge Ranch Road. It is 9/10ths mile from Hwy 31 to Rocky Ridge Ranch Road. As soon as you have crossed Rocky Ridge Ranch Road, turn right into Aldridge Botanical Gardens. There are three aisles of parking. Drive to the garden gate and turn left, go over to the third aisle, turn let and drive back toward Lorna Rd. to the parking section which is parallel to and nearest to Lorna Road.

On Thursday I will make a map of the parking lot. If you need additional instruction or a copy of the parking map, let me know and I will email a copy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Alabama are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here