Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Fall Swap - Oct. 14, 2006 - Oak Mtn. State Park

Posted by tsmith2579 Z7B/8A-Alabama (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 26, 06 at 19:35

Let's set a date for Oct. 14, 2006 at 10 a.m. up by the lake/picnic area.

Let's plan on lunch as well. Please list what you plan to bring for lunch.

Please list the plants you will bring to swap, plants you are wanting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Fall Swap - Oct. 14, 2006 - Oak Mtn. State Park

• Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 27, 06 at 0:00

I ain't sure about food, since that dead 'ole chicken I've been offerin's been passed around for the past two years and ain't much left of him, but here's my trade list:

Agave 'lophantha' pups (established 1-gal. pots)
Alocasia 'California', 'Cucullata', 'Wentii' (nice 1- and/or 3-gal. pots)
Begonia grandis 'Heron's Pirouette' (two 1-gal. pots; can dig more)
Canna 'Tropicanna' (lg. 1-gal. pot)
Colocasia 'Illustis', 'Ruffles' (1-gal. pots full)
Hedera colchica (Persian ivy - rooted cuttings)
Iris pseudacorus (yellow flag / freshly dug bulbs)
Jasminum officinale 'Hardy' (established 1-gal. pot; spec. trade)
Lygodium japonicum (established 1 gal. pot)
Manihot esculenta (2 & 3 ft. tall established plants for special trades only)
Musa 'basjoo' (two healthy 3-gal. pots)
Poncirus trifoliata 'Flying Dragon' (lg. pot; spec. trade)
Saxifragra stolonifera (can dig on demand)
Tetrapanax papyriferus (several sizes; all healthy)
Trachelospermun asiaticum 'Winter Beauty' (unrooted cuttings)

FYI, most everything I'm offering is established, but will not necessarily survive if planted this fall in Zone 7b, so please be prepared to pamper it through the coming winter in its container. A spring planting will help ensure the survival of most of the plants I'm offering.

Please visit my GW Exchange Page for my list of "wants".

Thanks a bunch!

o

Please check my plant list on the plants I have to trade. Some can only be traded in Spring , but ask. I have a lots I am going to get rid of. If you don't see what you want ask. If interested in any of the big Shrubs or a lots of plants-you can come and dig. I also have pots of all sizes.
I am only interest in shade, native, bigleaf, hosta, daylilys, palms, or unusall plants. I will trade for potting soil, top soil, humus, munure, farm tools, old tools, regular hand tools of any kind(mine got stolen) or any yard art,bird houses, ect. I am mostly interested in the supplies listed.

o

I forgot to say that I still trade for cakes and pies and other good food. I sure did like all the food I traded for last swap. I am still by myself and still don't like to cook for just one person .

Tony

o

• Posted by rayama 7b Birmingham, Al (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 28, 06 at 15:59

HAVE: Various Bulbs: Garlic Chives, Day Lilies, Jonquils
Also: Home-made soap! From scratch.

o

I hate I will miss you guys! My kids have a Yoshukai tournament that day in Albertville. I do need to thin a bunch of plants out though if anyone wants to come out to my house and get some plants.

See you all soon,
Deb

o

looking forward to it. see my plant list. tell me what you
want and i expect we can trade. i'm easy.
i'll probably bring one of my famous lake harding chocolate
cakes.

wayne

o

I have started updating my list and will continue to do so as I find plants that need to be divided. Please take a look and email me if you want something.

Susan

o
Hotdog Lunch for Fall Swap - Oct. 14, 2006 - Oak Mtn. State Park

I'm bringing 20-24 hotdogs, buns, kraut, mustard, ketchup, onion and relish for lunch.

Tony, what the heck is your last name. I'm old and my memory .. uh ... memory...uh ... now what was I asking - oh yeah, memory sometimes fails me. I'm bringing your Canary Island palm.

Wayne Smith, I'm bring your 2 EEs and Turk's Cap. Anything else? BTW, did you ever live in Tarrant?

Have I missed anything I promised or anyone?
I'm also bringing a few well rooted brugs. Look at my list !!!! - Terry

o

Ya'll have fun - i will miss ya'll! Will be in Prattville @ a ball tournament all weekend - Nelson, Susan, and others, i know i owe ya'll plants - shooting for spring. Rosemary

o

Hey where is Oak Mtn State Park? I have some day lilys the regular orange kind and some yellow and I have some yellow dwarf cannas. They are so overgrown and need to be divided desperatly.
Nomad

o

Take exit 246 off of I-65. That is 4 miles south of the I-459 and I-65 interchange. The park road right in front of the Cracker Barrel, The park road runs parallel to the interstate for a while and then the park road goes under I-65. Go through the main gate. Ask the attendant where is the lake, bike trails and picnic area. Go straight down the road a mile or so until you see the sign for the picnic area and lake. Turn right. We are near the end of that road.

o

i'm still bringing a chocolate cake.
terry--i have lived in KY, NC, SC, and several places in
AL, but not Tarrant.

terry i'm bringing you a mex. anise. do you want any thing
else ?

tony i'm bringing you two types of hydrangea and an
anisacanthus w.

susan i'm bringing you a yucca and a hosta.

nelson you haven't told me what you wanted for those
two plants i requested.

wayne

o
RE: Fall Swap - Oct. 14, 2006 - Oak Mtn. State Park

We will not be able to make the fall swap.I had a little surgery and am just not up to it.Will miss everyone,but will be at the spring swap.Gardening has been put on hold for awhile.Hubby has been so good at watering and taking care of me and the plants,no he did not have to water me.ha ha.See you guys in the spring.Paulette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Alabama are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here