Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tsmith2579

HAVE: Fall Swap - Oct. 14, 2006 - Oak Mtn. State Park

tsmith2579
17 years ago

Let's set a date for Oct. 14, 2006 at 10 a.m. up by the lake/picnic area.

Let's plan on lunch as well. Please list what you plan to bring for lunch.

Please list the plants you will bring to swap, plants you are wanting.

Comments (13)

• ourhighlandhome
    17 years ago

I ain't sure about food, since that dead 'ole chicken I've been offerin's been passed around for the past two years and ain't much left of him, but here's my trade list:

Agave 'lophantha' pups (established 1-gal. pots)
    Alocasia 'California', 'Cucullata', 'Wentii' (nice 1- and/or 3-gal. pots)
    Begonia grandis 'Heron's Pirouette' (two 1-gal. pots; can dig more)
    Canna 'Tropicanna' (lg. 1-gal. pot)
    Colocasia 'Illustis', 'Ruffles' (1-gal. pots full)
    Hedera colchica (Persian ivy - rooted cuttings)
    Iris pseudacorus (yellow flag / freshly dug bulbs)
    Jasminum officinale 'Hardy' (established 1-gal. pot; spec. trade)
    Lygodium japonicum (established 1 gal. pot)
    Manihot esculenta (2 & 3 ft. tall established plants for special trades only)
    Musa 'basjoo' (two healthy 3-gal. pots)
    Poncirus trifoliata 'Flying Dragon' (lg. pot; spec. trade)
    Saxifragra stolonifera (can dig on demand)
    Tetrapanax papyriferus (several sizes; all healthy)
    Trachelospermun asiaticum 'Winter Beauty' (unrooted cuttings)

FYI, most everything I'm offering is established, but will not necessarily survive if planted this fall in Zone 7b, so please be prepared to pamper it through the coming winter in its container. A spring planting will help ensure the survival of most of the plants I'm offering.

Please visit my GW Exchange Page for my list of "wants".

Thanks a bunch!

• tony_pman
    17 years ago

Please check my plant list on the plants I have to trade. Some can only be traded in Spring , but ask. I have a lots I am going to get rid of. If you don't see what you want ask. If interested in any of the big Shrubs or a lots of plants-you can come and dig. I also have pots of all sizes.
    I am only interest in shade, native, bigleaf, hosta, daylilys, palms, or unusall plants. I will trade for potting soil, top soil, humus, munure, farm tools, old tools, regular hand tools of any kind(mine got stolen) or any yard art,bird houses, ect. I am mostly interested in the supplies listed.

• tony_pman
    17 years ago

I forgot to say that I still trade for cakes and pies and other good food. I sure did like all the food I traded for last swap. I am still by myself and still don't like to cook for just one person .

Tony

• rayama
    17 years ago

HAVE: Various Bulbs: Garlic Chives, Day Lilies, Jonquils
    Also: Home-made soap! From scratch.

• debbido
    17 years ago

I hate I will miss you guys! My kids have a Yoshukai tournament that day in Albertville. I do need to thin a bunch of plants out though if anyone wants to come out to my house and get some plants.

See you all soon,
    Deb

• mws366
    17 years ago

looking forward to it. see my plant list. tell me what you
    want and i expect we can trade. i'm easy.
    i'll probably bring one of my famous lake harding chocolate
    cakes.

wayne

• browneyedsusan_gw
    17 years ago

I have started updating my list and will continue to do so as I find plants that need to be divided. Please take a look and email me if you want something.

Susan

• tsmith2579
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm bringing 20-24 hotdogs, buns, kraut, mustard, ketchup, onion and relish for lunch.

Tony, what the heck is your last name. I'm old and my memory .. uh ... memory...uh ... now what was I asking - oh yeah, memory sometimes fails me. I'm bringing your Canary Island palm.

Wayne Smith, I'm bring your 2 EEs and Turk's Cap. Anything else? BTW, did you ever live in Tarrant?

Have I missed anything I promised or anyone?
    I'm also bringing a few well rooted brugs. Look at my list !!!! - Terry

• roseyp8255
    17 years ago

Ya'll have fun - i will miss ya'll! Will be in Prattville @ a ball tournament all weekend - Nelson, Susan, and others, i know i owe ya'll plants - shooting for spring. Rosemary

• cindylou111
    17 years ago

Hey where is Oak Mtn State Park? I have some day lilys the regular orange kind and some yellow and I have some yellow dwarf cannas. They are so overgrown and need to be divided desperatly.
    Nomad

• tsmith2579
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Take exit 246 off of I-65. That is 4 miles south of the I-459 and I-65 interchange. The park road right in front of the Cracker Barrel, The park road runs parallel to the interstate for a while and then the park road goes under I-65. Go through the main gate. Ask the attendant where is the lake, bike trails and picnic area. Go straight down the road a mile or so until you see the sign for the picnic area and lake. Turn right. We are near the end of that road.

• mws366
    17 years ago

i'm still bringing a chocolate cake.
    terry--i have lived in KY, NC, SC, and several places in
    AL, but not Tarrant.

terry i'm bringing you a mex. anise. do you want any thing
    else ?

tony i'm bringing you two types of hydrangea and an
    anisacanthus w.

susan i'm bringing you a yucca and a hosta.

nelson you haven't told me what you wanted for those
    two plants i requested.

wayne

• applepatch
    17 years ago

We will not be able to make the fall swap.I had a little surgery and am just not up to it.Will miss everyone,but will be at the spring swap.Gardening has been put on hold for awhile.Hubby has been so good at watering and taking care of me and the plants,no he did not have to water me.ha ha.See you guys in the spring.Paulette

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor