Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: for exchange

Posted by illiana 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 9, 08 at 20:25

Hi Im Chris and I'm new so bear with me. This will be my first Swap.

I have some things for exchange.
11 Mums Yellow
13 Mums Orange (my husband bought me extra ;-))
Orange Day Lilies as many as I am requested to dig
Pachysandra as mush as requested to bring
Yellow Cannas
Red Cannas
15 Water Hyacinth
15 Frog Bit
2 Water Snowflake Yellow
4 Creeping Jenny
2 Lemon Balm
1 Taro
5 bags of Fairy Moss
10 Water Celery
4 Parrots Feather
2 Black Taro
Iris light Blue or Yellow not sure which is where will dig as requested.

I am bringing:
Todd Pachysandra in exchange for TX Star Hibiscus
Linda Orange Day Lilies in exchange for Dwarf Crested Iris

I am just getting my 3 acre yard planted so I am interested in lots of things. I love anything that is a perennial. I have lots of sun and shade and I am not real sure where to start so any advice is appreciated. I was blessed when I met Jan (birdlady_10) and she told me about the plant swap. I have a large water garden that is coming together nicely as well and I hope to have completed any day now ;-).

I will be bringing some of the other things on the list to trade on the spot.

Im excited to meet everyone Saturday.
Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: for exchange

Chris; Please bring me a bit of yellow water snowflake.Do I have anything you want? Just email me.
Jan

o

Welcome Chris, my trade list may interest you- if so, I would trade for any daylilies, iris, and yellow cannas:-)

o

Chris, I would be interested in some of your water plants for my pond. Please see my list although incomplete to see if anything of interest where we can trade.
I woud be interested in: yellow snowflake unless Jan wants both. She really needs more plants :O) Just kidding Jan.
Also the water celery and fairy moss.
Thanks
Lynn

o

Hey Chris,
I would love to have some of your Parrot Feather, Frog bit and Yellow Water Snowflake. I'll bring you the Dwarf Crested Iris - pick out some more stuff you want from my list. Linda

o
exchanges and added plant item for exchange

Linda- If you have these still, Mayapple, Trillium cuneatum (Native), and just any one of the day lilies you were offering.

Daffodillady- If still available, Hosta, Ipomea Carnea, and Brugmansia.

Lynn- If available, Green Japanese Maple, Ginger, and Crocsmia

Jan I will call or email you I have been meaning to get by there this week.

Today I also came into 5 double orange blooming Daylilies please let me know if any one is interested.

Chris

o

Chris, it is so good that you are coming. I look forward to meeting you. Take a look at my list to see if you want anything. - Terry Smith

o
RE: HAVE: for exchange Terry

You have several things that I would be interested in I love the varieties of Elephant Ears, I like big green leafy things ;-) I would love some of your Alocasia macrorrhiza if you have any left if there is anything on my list that you are interested in.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you
Chris

o

i am new .my 1st day ,12/26/08 will some one tell me how things work.
where is this exchange meeting.any one who has anything to share i would appreciate as i am just getting started .i love flowers of any kind.and if anyone knows about building raised beds please e-mail me at cdc4177@aol.com. my husband is in wheelchair and we are trying to figure out how.also i live in southern al so i would like to converse with anyone interested. god bless and good growing to you.

o

Chris.. I have a Tx star hibiscus will trade. What exactly is Todd Pachysandra? I know what a pachysandra is but not familiar with this particular one.

I know what you mean, last fall I just moved onto 3 1/2 acres myself and am trying to get it going as much as possible. It can be kinda overwhelming!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Alabama are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here