Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Cleaning out beds....

Posted by debbido z 7b/8a (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 05 at 2:38

Hey guys! I went out today and started cleaning out beds, and for the first time ever, I started throwing PLANTS in the compost pile. Then it hit me, you guys might want them. I am looking for someone who would like to have these plants who would come and pick them up. I have lots and lots and lots that need to be cleaned out that you may have. A trade would be nice but not necessary. I am easy to trade with. I usually look for things like craft supplies, school supplies, everyday items that you may have in abundance, etc... Let me know...

Some of the things that went in the compost are:
Pink Beauty Cannas
Pink Hardy Hibiscus
Two types of perenial sunflowers
Three types of Brugmansias
Liriope
Indian Shot Canna
Garlic chives

I still have among the many:
Lantana
Verbena
Cameleon plant
Pink Yarrow
Forsthia
White Butterfly Ginger
Umbrella Palm
Burgundy Hardy Hibiscus
Bridal Wreath Sprirea
Vinca
Mixed dwarf canna
Yellow Louisiana Iris
Water Celery
False Indigo
Lavender Iris
Colocasia Chicago Harlequin
Colocasia Black Magic
Colocasia Illustris
Colocasia Violet Stemmed
Colocasia Esculenta
Colocasia Unknown
Xanthosoma Sagitifolia
Ajuga
Helens Dianthus
Etc, etc, etc...
Get the picture?

I will be composting throughout the season the above. It has to be cleaned out, and I do not have the time to pot them up. If you would like them and are able to come and pick them up, please let me know.

Also, keep in mind that Fall is the best time of the year to transplant in the south. The Colocasias and lantanas would need to be potted up and kept inside for the winter, but the rest could be planted now and would thrive. Take a look at my trade list and see if we can trade, but like I said, a trade would be nice but not necessary.

Thanks,
Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Cleaning out beds....

HI Deb, I would like some brugmansias,burgundy hardy hibiscus,colocasia black magic,colocasia illustris, check and see if I have anything you want. I have more bingo paper. I should be able to come this weekend to get it just email me directions to your house.
Jill

o

Deb - you READ my mind! I have sent you an email - need directions - how is Saturday?

Rosemary

o

• Posted by STROBE zn 7b Bham, AL (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 30, 05 at 23:18

I need to come see you one day this week...I would love some pink hibiscus.

Jackie

Lilypie Baby Ticker

o

I have plenty of liriope that I want to transplant. What is the best time of year to do it? I want to do it now if possible. Also, I see you have vinca. Will it grow in the shade and is it an annual or perennial?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Alabama are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here