Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gulf States Expo Mobile AL

Posted by auhort1990 8a (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 23, 07 at 9:39

Anyone going? The tradeshow iw Feb. 2-3. They have educational programs on Feb. 1. Trade Show badge is $15 and the educational programs are $90. Education programs include Pest Management, Landscape Contracting/Maintenance, Plant Workshop: Azaleas, Retail/Plant Material, Nursery Production and Greenhouse Production.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gulf States Expo Mobile AL

Just curious if you went to the tradeshow. I deemed it to trade oriented for me . . . but am sure there was something that could have been learned.

Did you go? Did you like? what did you learn?

o

Yes I went. I had a really good time.I attended the Pest Management workshop so that I could get points for my pesticide license. Most of the pesticide workshops I have gone to can be on the boring side but this one peeked my interest most of the time. Seminars ranged from Pesticide Safety, Disaster and Risk Management, to What Fungicides you should have on hand, and an entomology research update from the USDA on Strawberry Rootworms that attack Crapemyrtles in growing operations but seem not to attack Crapemyrtles in the landscape which I thought was really weird.

I wish I could have seen some other seminars but I really needed the points. Some of the seminars I wish I could have seen are: Auburn University's Camp Hill Azalea Trial - Some Initial Observations by Dr. Gary Keever. He taught me intermediate and advanced Landscape Design at Auburn so I really wanted to hear him, and Invasive Plant Issues in the Horticulture Industry by a Hallie Dozier out of LSU...just sounded realy interesting to me (they should have put this one in the pest management workshop).

The tradeshow itself was the usual vendor after vendor showing some of their plants that they sell. But it is always enjoyable to walk through.

And as always the food in Mobile was spectacular. Ate at Wentzles Oyster Bar (sp?) and the Original Oyster House and both are very good.

o

Sounds like you got something out of the expo.

I would have to agree that Invasive plants should have been under the pest management workshop.
But hey . . . not everything makes sense all the time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here