Hummingbird Lecture

terramadre
15 years ago

Jacksonville Garden Club

Sponsors Hummingbird Lecture

January 21, 2009 ~ 2pm

Jacksonville Community Center, Jacksonville, AL

Admission is free

Come visit with Bob and Martha Sargent, world renowned hummingbird authorities, and get answers to all your hummingbird questions. The Sargents will discuss creating hummingbird gardens, banding birds, and preserving vital habitat. More information about the Sargents and their work is available at www.hummingbirdsplus.org.

This seminar is sponsored by the Jacksonville Garden Club and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System.

Comments (3)

• tedevore
    15 years ago

I wish I could see this talk, and also hear more about the work the sargents have done showing the little Saw-whet owlslive year-round in Alabama. There was a good newspaper article about it, and we are lucky to have dedicated bird people here.

I have noticed that when I can attend events put on by bird groups like Audubon, or other nature-related events, the knowledgeable folks who have the most to teach are generally older folks. I know some of the most active Audubon members in B'ham are in their 80's and even 90's. Really, I don't see much evidence that younger folks are doing much to benefit from the years of accumulated knowledge these folks have. I don't see younger people showing up.

I might not care to comment on this, except you can't help notice in the newspaper today that although we have more empty retail space and big
    empty stores where i live in Hoover, they are set to finish yet more new development with close to a million more square feet of retail and parking lots, when you add it all up. So I wonder how many more Best Buys and Targets we need, and I hope to see more birds before the cell phone towers and parking lots completely win out.

• terramadre
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The HB lecture was attended by over 200 HB enthusiasts!
    Bob and Martha Sargent shared their knowledge with a lot of humor. If you have the opportunity to attend one of their lectures, do make the time to attend.

{{gwi:357912}}

• tweetypye
    15 years ago

Wish I could have been there! I know it was great. Wonderful photo BTW, Terry. Is it one you took? It's beautiful!
    Jan

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz