Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

Crimson Tide daylily

tweetypye
15 years ago

A couple of years ago, I traded with someone at one of the plant swaps and one of the items I received was the daylily Crimson Tide. I can't for the life of me remember who I got it from, but someone else is looking for this particular cultivar, and would be willing to purchase it. I do not have enough of it to sell yet, so was wondering if the person I got it from might be interested in selling some of it to someone else.

If you are the person who has it, you can either get in touch with me, or check the daylily forum for a recent thread titled Crimson Tide Daylily to get in touch with the person wanting it. :)

Aside from all that....everyone stay warm!!!!! LOL

Hurry up spring!! :)

Jan

Comments (11)

• tsmith2579
    15 years ago

Jan, I would bet you got the original plant from Debbido (Spradlin) or her dad, Tony. She gave me some of it, too. The last I knew, Tony's computer was down for the count. I haven't seen Debbi post in some time. Search for her on the Alabama Forum and give her a shout. She lives out Hwy 78 W toward Minor, outside of Birmingham. After every swap I swear I'm going to set up a Excel spreadsheeet to track all my swaps but I never do it. I depend on my aging memory. - Terry

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks bunches Terry...I'll see if I can find Debbie. I think you're correct about the trade...but, my brains "spreadsheet" doesn't always work either!! :)
    Jan

• caroleena
    15 years ago

i can't remember which daylilly farm but last year i purchased this daylilly during the headland daylilly festival from one of the tour houses. if you've never been try and check it out this year. 2008 was my first time and i really enjoyed it. the varieties offered are mindboggling

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Caroleena, can you share more info on this or point me in the right direction where I might obtain info.
    Where is it help and when for starters?
    Jan

• tsmith2579
    15 years ago

Well, I am adding a link to the Headland daylilly festival. One place says June 6 and another says June 7. There is contact info. Click on the the drop down links: community play links daylily and you will eventually get there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Headland Daylily Festival Info

• caroleena
    15 years ago

sorry for the delay in getting back in. the web site::
    http://headlandal.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=140

the festival is June 7. show up at the town square between 8:30 & 9:00 am and there will be some folks there with daylillies plus there will be printed maps.
    another website:
    http://www.ricateedaylilies.com/
    as i get any more info i'll post it. the clumps were huge and very healthy

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info Terry and Carleena....I'd sure love to make the festival this year. I've got a friend down in Opp, so I may see if she'd like to go. The garden tour would be so much fun too!! I've purchased dl's from a couple of those gardens on the tour and sure would love to see them in person.
    Jan

• Angie Howard
    8 years ago

I too am looking for Daylily, 'Crimson Tide' to purchase or trade. Any help, Greatly appreciated!

• ourhighlandhome
    8 years ago

I have exhausted the web for any reference to hemerocallis/daylily 'Crimson Tide' and it just doesn't exist. Not only that, but the verbiage is a licensed trademark of the University and if anything bears those two words, believe me it would be highly visible and raking in royalties for both the hybridizer and the Capstone.

I, too, attended a swap around the same time, and received a daylily called 'Crimson Pirate'. I always believed it came from a trader in the Montgomery, AL area. It is one of the most floriferous and longest-blooming daylilies in my yard.

If this is what anyone wants please contact me, 'cause I'm afraid 'Crimson Tide' doesn't exist, at least not in the daylily family.

And no, it didn't rain....that's water from the hose :-(

• raestr (z8 Central Ala)
    8 years ago

I received Crimson Pirate as a freebie from Gilbert Wilde last year. It did not bloom last year, but has been blooming for about 3 weeks now. It is not the usual style of daylily that I choose and it is different from my other daylilies. I really like it. Glad to know it is floriferous and long-blooming.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    8 years ago

I'm wondering if it's "Bama Bound" , a beautiful daylily that someone shared with me when I first moved to Alabama several years ago.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts