Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lsmcw

WANTED: Bham Trade

lsmcw
18 years ago

Is anyone planning a Spring Trade get-together in Bham? Anyone thinking about one? Linda

Comments (30)

• tony_pman
    18 years ago

Hi Linda, Yes, I have been thinking about our Spring Swap since the Fall one.
    We allways have our Spring Swap at Oak Mt State Park. Last year it was in April.
    We had a good turn out, good food, lots of plants, lots of talking, and just good clean fun.
    I went not expecing to get very many plants. My car was full coming home.
    Debra my daughter has been doing all the checking and arrangeing for time at Oak Mt. I am sure she will be posting at this site closer to the time everyone wants the swap.
    We are allways glad to see new traders come. I haven't seen anyone go away not glad with the plants they received. Sign in everybody that is ready for the Swap.

Tony

• applepatch
    18 years ago

I dont know yet what I will have,I hope its on a Saturday that I am off work,because I would love to attend.Those dates for April are the 11 and the 25th.I know that you can not do it just around my days, so go ahead and make the dates for the trade and we will come if we can.Paulette

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

I am probably up for it. However, I'll know more closer to time - depends on how the Divorce is going as far as time to prepare for spring swap. The GH is sooo full that i can't get in there to do anything but water! :) I will update my trade list closer to time.

Had a great time at the fall swap meeting everyone - and also had a great time at Deb&David's in October. So for all you "newbies" - you will have a blast!!!

FYI - Jan (TweetyPye) & I talked about trying to arrange a swap down here in Central AL - so in a month or so we may post something about that.

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Will be there with my garden gloves on, will know more what I will have for the swap the closer it gets to spring, got to update my list. As always I want ferns and hostas.
    Jill

• michelle11
    18 years ago

I can't wait! I too have been dreaming of plants all winter. April 19th is my daughter's BD, so the weekend next to it won't be good for me. Anything else works.
    Michelle

• michelle11
    18 years ago

Help! I cannot figure out how to edit "my page" in my member profile. I can't even get to it from there, only via coming to here and clicking on it (which only lets me see it, not edit it). I need to revise what I have for trades.
    Thanks,
    Michelle

• pfllh
    18 years ago

Michelle, first check to see if signed in, then go to very bottom of the page and click on member services. On the next page it lists what you can edit. I had deleted everything and tried entering info and it took it.
    Lynn

• tinawina13
    18 years ago

Hello all! Don't know what I will have yet, but will be there if the good Lord's will'in and the creek don't rise--I miss all of my gardening buddies!

With dreams of daffodil blooms ---
    As always,
    Happy gardening!
    Tina

• Jackie McCarty
    18 years ago

hey everybody,

i've been thinking about the spring swap too. i will surely be there. i have no idea what i'll have yet because i haven't even started winter sowing. i plan on doing that this week.
    speaking of daffodil blooms, i saw one blooming in my backyard yesterday. what is with this weather?

Jackie

• mws366
    18 years ago

2005 spring swap was april 30.
    earlier in the month will not allow slow emerging plants enough
    time to develop, so they can be divided and potted for the swap.
    what about april 29 or may 6 this year ?
    wayne

• pfllh
    18 years ago

The 29th sounds good as will be warming up and should have a lot of the plants up them. We discussed it last year and had it later to give the plants some time to grow.
    Applepatch, the 11th and the 25th are on a Tuesday. Recheck your calendar and see if it's the 29th you're off.
    I want to come but as most of you know, it depends on how my husband is doing. I just enjoy the swaps so much especially where we lunch together and just sit around and talk.
    Will try to bring some different things this year along with my regulars. Have to think about a want list. Michelle has moved back to Alabama and is landscaping their 1 1/2 acre lot. She says since she really doesn't have much she'll just come over and dig in my yard !!!!! :O)
    Lynn

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Lets have it the weekend after the 29th april. I already have tickets to a prior event and wont be able to come. I really do want to make it to the spring one. Did not sign up at this web site till after the spring swap last year and missed it.
    Thanks Jill

• ourhighlandhome
    18 years ago

Either date is fine with me at this point. I'll plan on bringing that left-over, dead-a$$ chicken from the previous swap, only this year I'll give it a last-minute makeover and call it Chicken/Pasta Salad ;-)

My exchange page is current (provided the tropicals survive the winter) if anyone wants to take a look, especially those who had trades with me last year that involved the infamous "coral vine"!

I can't wait to see everybody again!

Nelson

• tweetypye
    18 years ago

Hey Guys & Gals!!! I'm looking forward to the swap also. Last fall was my first, and I had loads of fun. You folks are the best.....of course, most gardeners are, right?

Nelson, I think I'll pass on your "Chicker/Pasta Salad"!!!!
    But bring some nice plants, ok?
    As far as I know, April 29th is fine for me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting all you newbies also.

Jan

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

I'll be coming too, with Jan. I am gonna check out everyone's trade list next weekend and send my requests to ya'll....

course, my list is PRETTY much the same, I did take off what i have already gotten - or what i don't have lots of anymore. Let me know what you want.

Of course, pics of a lot of the stuff i have are on my picture gallery - new web address for it is below - it does NOT include my STBXH's name anylonger! :) :) And yes, i am hoping and praying that the SOON part occurs really soon - so ya'll throw in some prayers on that, he and his lawyer are dragging their feet....

Here is a link that might be useful: link to my plant pics

• lsmcw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I don't know if this matters to many people on this forum but the State Master Gardener Conference is April 27-29 in Florence. Would I be castigated for suggesting we have the swap on a Sunday ??? Linda

• loveofmylife680
    18 years ago

Lets have it on May 6th then I can come. We have already got tickets to the races on April 29th please please please Because I really want to come or any weekend besides the 29th
    Jill

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

Oh yes. I agree - we are SUPPOSED to be trying to go to the race this year (some friends)....so the 6th is better for me too. B/c if we don't make it to the race, there will still be a killer party...

• birdlady_10
    18 years ago

So far--the Moms' health holding--any weekend is good with me.I've got to make a walk thru the GH & make a list.I'll be updating my page in a couple weeks.Can't wait to see you all again & meet (hopefully) new people.Let's make it a GOOD one this year:):). Jan

• pfllh
    18 years ago

Rosie, the 6th is the first saturday of the month for May -- Santuck!!! For others, Santuck is about 10 acres of flea market and is the first saturday of each month, March through dec, I think. Some of the GW'ers sell plants there. I'm afraid we'll have a problem finding a date where everyone has no plans.
    Rosie, are you and Jan going to have a 2nd swap? If so, any idea when? Some may be able to come to both and some may have to choose. I know in the past we couldn't find a date for everyone.
    Any date is fine with me as far as I know. April and May are a ways away where something could come up between now and then. Hope it works out for everyone.
    Lynn

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

Lynn - I don't know - Jan and I have talked about it - course, we would be better able to do it in the fall probably. Who knows....Yes, i know, we won't be able to find a weekend to fit everyone...and yes, i realized that the 1st weekend of May is Santuck Flea Market - i no longer will be up there selling plants - the truck and trailer went with STBXH....but i can still go up there and shop! :)

• pfllh
    18 years ago

Yes it is fun to go and shop as you can find anything there. Michelle and I try to get there when it's just getting light and head straight for the different "plant people".
    The plant prices vary but I have found plants there that I've only found on websites or magazines.
    Jody sells plants there.
    Always worth the drive for me. Usually can't see out the windows when done buying plants!!! :O)
    Lynn

• browneyedsusan_gw
    18 years ago

I will be at the swap, whenever it is, and I will bring something to go with the chicken-pasta salad.

Lynn, where is Santuck? Sounds like something I can take my children to.
    Susan.

• pfllh
    18 years ago

Santuck is actually a small town just north of Wetumpka. You could take I65 south and cut across on 14. Rosie could give you better directions. They have anything and everything.
    Lynn

• Frog_hollow_lady
    18 years ago

Susan..

Santuck is great..have a great pair of walking shoes...if you dont get in early you will have to walk a mile to get in..people park on the road.. if you have kids"dont do that"..Its open from dawn till noon...or 1:00 pm..thats it.. you can get live chickens tooooo rugs...when I say early I mean..5:30-6:00 am....by 8 in the morning if its a nice day, it will be wall tooooo wall people...ITS GREAT...lol If you come, come say hi..I sell plants.

• tsmith2579
    18 years ago

I vote for the first Saturday in May.

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

Personally i prefer the 6th too - but if not, i can always make the fall swap...

• Jackie McCarty
    18 years ago

any date is fine with me, i just have to know 1 week ahead so i can take that day off work.

i looked up santuck flea market on google and a website called mongomeryadvertiser.com says that the first weekend it's open is in march.....

Jackie

• roseyp8255
    18 years ago

Yes Jackie that is correct on Santuck - first Saturday of every month, March - December. Great buys on anything and everything!

• stanreese
    18 years ago

Missed last year because of promotion at work. Missed the previous year because I was working toward that promotion. Wife and son attended instead. But, this year my wife is due to deliver my second son: Parrish Granger Reese, on or around the end of April, first of May. I have some plants to trade and I am always looking for hydrangeas. Anyone have any to trade in person between Auburn and Anniston near the state line? BTW, Granger is french for...? Anyone?

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths