Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi, I'm new!

Posted by artistmama_leslie 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 25, 10 at 19:58

Years ago I was a member of Gardenweb. I read a lot but didn't post- I learned a LOT! I hope to meet some of you fellow Alabamians online, and learn even more from you.

Today's beautiful day is making me long for warmer weather! I'm about to start my tomatoe, pepper and basil seeds indoors as soon as I can pick up some seed starting flats and growing mix. Are any of you starting any summer vegetables yet? I can't wait! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi, I'm new!

Welcome, Leslie. How I envy your artistic talents. When I retire I'm going to take some art classes. - Terry

o

Welcome Leslie! WOW home school... my hat is off to you. I have started several plants over the winter but no veggies here sorry. I am sure others have though.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. - Peggy

o

I'm not starting warm season seeds like tomato or eggplant until the beginning
of March at earliest. That is plenty early, since they have to be grown under good bright light and grow several inches in a month , but isn't much good to plant them outside until the ground warms up good, like in May. And we have had some late cold snaps for people who can't wait and try to plant early in April.

o

Welcome Leslie! Good luck with your veggies

o

Welcome. You're quite a good artist. I note that you haven't posted any new pictures for a while. Are you still doing any paintings?

I'm apparently north of you in zone 7-7a. Our Master Gardeners assoc. has a couple of greenhouses and a big plant sale in April with lots of vegetables. We'll be starting the pepper seeds in another week or two, but won't start the tomatoes for several weeks. We don't put them outside at all, so don't have to worry about late freezes.

Happy gardening.

o

Welcome Leslie: I have learned a lot from this forum. EVERYONE has been very helpful.
Enjoy the experience
Linda

o

Welcome! Beautiful art!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here