Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sad news for Alabama gardeners

Posted by cena60 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 22:05

For those of you who knew Margaret Crow, aka Nigella - your friend in the garden, she passed away Sunday morning. She had lung cancer with symptoms starting a couple of months ago and the disease progressed quite quickly.

If you wish to assist her family, rememberingmargaretmarie@gmail.com
or you can visit her Artfire site by typing in Jewelry On The Rocks after you get to Artfire.

My friend in the garden will be missed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sad news for Alabama gardeners

• Posted by nelson 8 in Alabama (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 0:31

According to GW records, I joined in March 2001. Shortly after that I placed my first post, looking to trade for white butterfly ginger. Margaret replied, said "no trade necessary, just send me some postage and I'll fill a box with gingers for you".

Being new to the board, wanting to impress, (and a bit naive), I sent her $10.00 in postage, expecting a few rhizomes in return. What I received was a massive box filled with some of the most exciting things a new gardener could ever expect. Margaret went out of her way to make sure I was satisfied, even placing the unused postage in the box. That set the bar for me as far as trading/exchanges go, and I've always tried to match or exceed Margaret's standard.

"Thank You!" Margaret ("Nigella") for making such a "first impression", for setting my standard when trading, and for that first box of goodies that still stands out in my mind and excites me! You remain one of the best, and I will never forget you or your generosity...promise!

Much peace, love and appreciation.

Your friend in the garden,

Nelson

P.S. - is Margaret's friend Jenny(?) still around? Would love to hear from her. She attended one of the first Central Alabama Plant Swaps all the way from Mobile to B'ham and brought a "fortune" of plants that several of us still enjoy growing today! We haven't forgotten her, either.

o

So sorry to hear this. Always sad when a garden looses its partner.

o

Jewelry On The Rocks

Here is a link that might be useful: Jewelry On The Rocks

o

Just now reading this news. So sad to lose another gardener. Nelson, nice story!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here