Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jan passed away today.....

Posted by nelson 7b in Alabama (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 3, 12 at 22:42

Jan (birdlady_10) slipped away peacefully at home today just after 2pm, surrounded by amazing family members (and her remaining 3 dogs, 1 bird, and countless plants).

We shared a very enjoyable time on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately she took a turn for the worse after that and I was called in yesterday for what would be our last visit in this world.

Thanks to her true friends, those who expressed concern for and to Jan during her brief, but devastating, illness.

Jan's earthly vessel will be cremated, the ashes of which will be scattered at a predetermined time & place. I'm not sure at this time if it will be a private ceremony or not - I'll post about that later.

In the meantime, please keep Jan & her family in your thoughts & prayers.

Nelson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jan passed away today.....

I'LL MISS HER !!!!!! BUT I'LL REMEMBER HER EVERY TIME I
LOOK AT ONE OF HER MANY BEAUTIFUL PLANTS IN MY YARD. SHE IS IN A BETTER GARDEN.

WAYNE

o

I am so very sorry to hear this. I've been thinking of her of late.

o

Just saw your post Nelson, and am so sorry to hear this.

As you know I only met Jan the one time, at Terry's house last summer...but it didn't take long that day to realize what a good, genuine person she was. I sure do regret not meeting her sooner.

o

Just now seeing this post. I am so very sorry - Jan was a very generous person and I will treasure the plants I have received from her even more. My thoughts are with her family - both 2 and 4 legged. Linda

o

I am SO SORRY! I'm just recovering from a knee transplant enough to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes, so I haven't been on gardenweb in over a month. I had no idea Jan was so sick. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends. She was unique and delightful and will be missed. Plant swaps just won't be the same without her and Terry. Thanks, Nelson, for being there for her and for letting us know.

o
Correction...

. . . knee replacement . . .

o

ok... I have not been on in WAY too long.

It makes me sad to know Jan was sick and passed and I had no idea. Thank you Nelson for keeping us informed.

Catbird, hope your "transplant" heals well and with no complications.

My thoughts and prayers will be with Jan's family.

o

I'm just catching up here as well after too many weeks absent. Although I haven't met most of you, I do remember Jan/birdlady's posts well over the years, and she was so sweet and helpful. I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Catbird, I hope your knee is healing well.

o

Thanks for the well wishes about my knee. I'm mobile and graduated from PT this week, so I'm headed for the garden -- carefully. :-)

o

Jan was a fantastic Lady. She was so good to her Mom and her Mom in Law. She never met a stranger, you just felt so comfortable around her. Her rewards in Heaven must be many! She served people so well in this life. RIP Friend

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here