Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alabama Wildflowers

Posted by scandia 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 06 at 10:04

I found this site that has pictures of many Wildflowers native to Alabama..I want some of them..Especially the wild Iris...

http://www.duc.auburn.edu/~deancar/index.html

Does anybody know where I could find the seeds for Alabama Wildflowers??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alabama Wildflowers

If you mean Iris cristata, we have some growing in our woods and I am happy to share them with you. Please email me. If you are coming to the spring swap, I can bring them to you.

You will probably find many of the wildflowers at the landfill dig on Saturday. See the post in this forum.

Susan.

o

Thank You Susan, I am new and do not know anything about the swap. Could you supply me the info re this, please??

I did see info re the landfill dig..I am not a wise enough gardener yet to be able to identify the plants if they do not have blooms on them..

I will email you my info...If the swap is not too far away I may attend..Problem is I do not have anything to trade except 100's of wild dogwood seeds...

o

Scandia, click on exchanges right above the posts on this page and on the exchange page you will see the topics on the swap.
People don't just trade plants but do other gardening items and Deb trades for things she needs to homeschool her children.
What about potting soil, compost, manure, all of which you can get at a store. Have any large rocks, as some of the people have ponds or rock gardens.
Just look around at what you have, don't really need, and check the trade lists of those that have indicated they are going. Look at Nelson's list. He will accept a lot of things as a trade. He's a little crazy :O) but has beautiful plants. Not really crazy but I haven't picked on him for a while. I'm sure you can find something.
Is there something you'd like to have? I may have some and will bring it for you, no trade needed.
We have a great time at the swaps.
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here