Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bricore_2007

Silly question but I don't know the answer.. About potatoes

bricore_2007
16 years ago

I told my mother-in-law that I was going to buy some potatoe eyes and plant them (I am doing them in a garabage can.) I THOUGHT I'd read some where that for each eye you'll get a plant and get a so many potatoes for each eye (more then one potato that is.) I looked at some pictures of the plants and seen a bunch of potatoes to each plant too.

She told me that it's not possible. You only get ONE potato per eye you plant and that it's not worth my time doing it. I respect her so I didn't go on. She then told me that her husband was a farmer and knows it for a fact and that is why they don't grow them (like I said I have all the respect for her and her husband so I didn't say anything else but could she be wrong?)

I don't care about being right or wrong but I don't want to plant them if she is right (I'll just plant something else.) If, she is wrong tho, I'd love to plant them because I love potatoes!

So, with the most respect for my in-laws can someone tell me am I planting potatoes this year or not? hee..hee..

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Here is a link that might be useful: Y-2k Hippie

Comments (4)

Sponsored