Sun, Feb 12, 06 at 10:32

Ah, the daffodils gently swaying in the breeze, the
hyacinth in full bloom, new shoots coming off of the
rose bushes, iris poking through the ground, and the
snow is falling here in Glencoe .....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ya gotta love it

We actually had a few snow flurries here last nite in Santuck - but nothing stuck. AND, if we are not gonna get some snow, i want WINTER to GO AWAY!!! :)

o

Designer flakes in Jacksonville but the garden is showing loads of color. One of the plants blooming en masse are Helleborus orientalis (Lenten roses).
The pic shows two plants.

o

Oh terremadre - that is GORGEOUS! I had one bloom on one of mine recently - sitting in a pot! I was SOO excited!!!

o

• Posted by lacleo 8b- lower AL (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 12, 06 at 20:45

The low in Mobile is 28 tonight. Enough of this already. I think this will be our last freeze.

o

Maybe this cold snap will bring me some fruit this summer. last year only one of four apple trees and two pears had a very few blooms and no set fruit, here in Rainbow City. I attribute that to not enough cold weather last winter.
BWT rj, I believe Glencoe is in zone 7.

o

Yes I had my 2yr out in it trying to catch snow in her hand she loved it, the lenten roses where so pretty with the snow around them and the anemones are also blooming ohhhhh cant wait for spring.
Jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here