Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone need a mid winter 'pick me up'?

Posted by tweetypye z8/SC Al. (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 06 at 12:13

Hey all,
Just thought some of you, like me, might could use a look at something besides "winter brown"!!!! LOL If so, here's a link to some photos of my gardens that might brighten an otherwise dreary winter day!
Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: My home and gardens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone need a mid winter 'pick me up'?

Your gardens are simply put OUT OF THIS WORLD GORGEOUS!!!! What are the flowers on the 2nd page 4th one from the left? How long have you been working on your garden? Oh how I wish mine looked like that, cant say it enough simply gorgeous, breath taking.
Jill

o

Why thank you Jill. :) I am glad you enjoyed my little piece of heaven!!!
I have actually lived in my home for 26 years, but have only been seriously gardening for about the past 10 or 12 years. When I purchased my home, the landscaping was nil. One large oak tree (which is still here) and one pine that had to come down due to pine beetles. Everything else had been planted by little old me! I'm telling you now Jill, there's a lot of my sweat, watering the grounds around my home!!!
I'm not sure which photo you're asking about. Most of them have the plants names in the description I think.
Thanks again for your sweet comments.
Jan

o

Thanks for the inspirational pictures. As long as we are dreaming of spring and sharing our amatuer garden pictures, Heres a few of mine
from this past garden season.

hope to see some of you at an upcoming plant trade day.

todd

Here is a link that might be useful: more pictures

o

Thanks for sharing your pics, I love them!

o

Todd, if they have the swap on may 6th I will bring you some hardy begonias,have them popping up everywhere in the spring.
Jill

o

Enjoyed your photos Todd. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see beautiful blooms during these cold winter days.
Jan

o

I just came over here for a visit, and you've inspired me! Come on Spring!

We;;, at least I can go out and dig.

o

Hi Woody,
Good, I'm glad I was able to inspire you!!! :) Yes, I can dig here too, but this week has been a bit colder, and this weekend is supposed to be a real bummer, weather wise, so maybe next week the temps will be better, and I can get some much needed tilling accomplished!!!
Come visit us here on the Alabama forum anytime.
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Alabama Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here