Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantman71

Daffodils Blooming

plantman71
10 years ago

I have a bed of daffodils blooming, saw some white, pink and purple Helleborus blooming. Some trillium is starting up. Some sedum is greening. Love it,

Comments (9)

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

You must have a heat lamp on them! Mine are nowhere near blooming.

• plantman71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another clump is showing yellow in different area. No heat lamp up here. I have lots of other just coming up/ The ones blooming are some of the older types.

• ourhighlandhome
    10 years ago

Ain't nuthin' 'round here even thinkin' 'bout bloomin'! This is the second-coldest sustained Winter weather I've witnessed since I started gardening 16 years ago. I even have a space heater running in the basement most nights, and am still losing my stored semi-tropicals left & right. Grrrr!!!!

• plantman71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nelson, Nearly all my plants in my RedNeck Sunroom is dead. Some of my cacti in my new garden didn't make it. Nearly all agave is dead or near dead. I don't know about my new elep. ears , gingers, banana trees.
    I don;t know why, but they are blooming.

• alabamanicole
    10 years ago

I saw daffodils 2-3" high at the Hsv Botanical Garden (and tulips!) two weeks ago; yesterday I saw them poking up in my yard. It'll be a while yet before blooming here.

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

I checked mine this afternoon - no buds on any of them, though some of them show blanching on the leaf tips, apparently due to the extreme cold. I don't think it will really affect them, though it was just an eighth of an inch or so.

• madabouteu
    10 years ago

I finally got my first daffodil blooms today! And a number o others are in bud. On a sourer note, a number of pots of them that I planted last November (just after getting them from Brent and Becky's) look like they will not bloom this year; I think the rough winter has knocked them for a loop. The leaves of the petticoat daffodils look really zapped by the single digits, they wee up before New Year's so they got hit hard by the Polar Vortex.

I also saw my first Muscari bloom today.

• alabamanicole
    10 years ago

Here in Madison, the forsythia, crocus' and speedwell is blooming. The daffodils look like they are just about to crack open, and the witchhazel is just opening at my house but in full glory at the botanical garden.

{{gwi:358837}}

{{gwi:358841}}

{{gwi:358843}}

{{gwi:358845}}

{{gwi:358847}}

{{gwi:358849}}

{{gwi:358850}}

I'm not sure what this one is:
    {{gwi:358851}}

{{gwi:358852}}

• plantman71
    Original Author
    10 years ago

some of mine have completed blooming, but I would say I have over 50 clomps still blooming. It is not just me they are blooming all over this area.